The Island

mikescore

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the song at the end of The Island, where all the clones are running out to the desert, is on the soundtrack? It's a beautiful score/song with a choir in the background. I want to buy the ST, but am not sure if this song is on it. Does anyone know for sure?

Track 14 - "My Name is Lincoln" from the soundtrack album is the track you're after.

I think the soundtrack to The Island is even more amazing than the film, like Steve Jablonsky watched it first without any music and then wrote it based on how the characters felt during a specific sequence. The result is a dark, brooding, air-tight score that doesn't only sound great in the movie theatres but also inside your car if you are one to listen to neo-classical-oriented music. The musical imagery of the chase scene is brilliantly executed, and none of the songs are the same. Every track is absolutely flawless and really captures the emotional underpinning of the film itself. It has a depth of sound and artistry that goes beyond the others. Overall, I rate this score highly and believe it is a great way to compliment the Island.

Hahaha, this is by far the worst score I've heard in a long time, absolutely nowhere near the quality of Jablonsky's Steamboy music. It's all crappy percussion and synths, and the only time it comes close to a rhythm or theme is when it's ripping off his Tears Of The Sun variations.

'Mass Vehicular Carnage' is the biggest disappointment of all time IMO!
I suppose chase sequences can't all be like 'Bim Bam Smash' :(

Originally posted by garethwilliams@Aug 10 2005, 10:17 AM
Hahaha, this is by far the worst score I've heard in a long time, absolutely nowhere near the quality of Jablonsky's Steamboy music. It's all crappy percussion and synths, and the only time it comes close to a rhythm or theme is when it's ripping off his Tears Of The Sun variations.

'Mass Vehicular Carnage' is the biggest disappointment of all time IMO!
I suppose chase sequences can't all be like 'Bim Bam Smash' :(
I wouldn't call it the best score out there, but it isn't the worst. There are CD's that one would hope were made of tissue paper so they can be easily flushed. I wouldn't call this score one of them.

I bought it two days ago...and indeed it is GOOD...

it isnt the best...but...it is indeed awesome!

I just watched movie yesterday and it fits COMPLETELY with the movie!

the drums are awesome...my faveorite tune at the moment is sector 6...and my name is lincoln

I actually really liked the movie's score. I just wish I was able to purchase it. Where can you purchase it? No store around where I live has it. Can anyone halp me?

Hello im lookin for the name of a song from the movie Guess Who. it played durring the the go kart racing sceene.

hi im looking for the song that plays in the end when they all walk out into the world....it's amazing. i'd like the title, artist and album, since im not sure if it's even of the soundtrack itself. it has this wordless chior in it if i recall correctly

k thanks....you know, next time im gonna look farther than the first 2 pages or better yet ,ill use search.....silly me

well...I would like to add that that is my favorite song!!!

It is the best in the soundtrack....beautiful :)

You can buy the Island on iTunes I think, at least I downloaded several song I liked from the movie there. ;)

After Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johansson escaped, they enter a bar. In the bar, there was a rock music play at background. I wanna know the song.

nevermind....I found the answer on another site. It's blow by prom kings.

The soundtrack doesn't have it and I can't find any credit listings. There isn't a whole lot of the song. If you've seen the movie (ewan mcgregor), it was when they first "got out" and went to the bar.

Lyrics were on the lines of, "I love the way you don't say what, I love that you move that butt". It was a rock song... all my googling turned up rap stuff.

yea I liked that song too when I first saw the movie. It's by The Prom Kings - "Blow".

No kidding? I heard a sample of that song on cdnow and it didn't seem to be the same. I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

I'm looking for the song that plays in the closing scene of "The Island" while everyone is running out of the compound. The style of music sounds like Gregorian Chant, but it has female vocals. I couldn't find anything online, maybe i'm just stupid. Help me out.

Back