Naked gun intro music

Anthrid

Reaction score

Does anyone know how I could find that music that starts almost immediately in that video? There are no soundtracks available and searching for it ends up with the theme instead.

Any ideas?

I'm pretty sure that that tune is intended as a parody or "unlicensed knockoff" of the Indiana Jones score, especially the Raiders March (sample here). This is consistent with the parody going on during the scene.

Family Guy did a very similar parody, in addition to an episode where they parodied the Naked Gun's own "cop car opening sequence." The Family Guy version had a clip of flying over AT-ATs on the planet Hoth as in The Empire Strikes Back, even though one of the real Naked Gun movies already had the cop car doing trench runs on the Death Star.

Are you refering the fight scene music or the swing tune with the siren going? The swing tune is by Tommy Kubis' Big Band.

I'm sure that it, like the rest of the score, was composed by Ira Newborn. I don't know if the soundtrack has ever been available. I know that the soundtrack to the sequel, "The Naked Gun 2½," was released.

Back