Nike Lebron James swimming pool

KurentEweser

Reaction score
The ad has a black guy in a white suit diving into an outdoor swimming pool. This song has been around for a long. It's one of those songs you'd like to have playing when you're busy in bed, if you know what I mean. :lol:

Yeah, just saw it during the SD Chargers game---old school tune, 70's maybe, synthesizer--Grover Washington-type (no sax, tho). Guys sitting around the pool, guy in white suit with retro-afro, climbs onto high-dive, and does a twist/turn dive into the pool. Cool ad for Nike. Ideas? Alison.

It's also in the game "grand theft auto:vice city". so i'm guessing more 80's. Hope that helps!

The song is Summer Madness by Kool and the Gang. And it is possibly one of the coolest songs ever.

DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince used that instrumental for their song "Summertime"... shouldn't be hard to find it now ;)

Damn, I was gonna do a "j/k it's Kool n The Gang"...

What I meant was, if you hear a song that's sampled in another song, search for the artist's discography and look for their sampling credits. Easy as that.

Well, ding dong, I knew it couldnt be Kool and the Gang! Lebron James, huh?

So, is there a definitive answer? Where do you get this track?

The music is from the movie Rocky by Sylvester Stallone. It is probably part of the song Gonna Fly Now. ;)

Such a great song ... as soon as I heard the music I was smiling ... its such an uplifting song B)

Originally posted by VeggieMan@Oct 29 2006, 06:11 PM
The song is Summer Madness by Kool and the Gang. And it is possibly one of the coolest songs ever.

Yes, Summer Madness(1974) it is. But thats not the mix I remember the most. I remember an instrumental mix concentrating on the electronic portion of the song. That mix may be hard to find. That song I remember from way back. I never knew who did it. I just recorded as many times as I could on both sides of a cassette tape and then I put the machine in auto reverse while my wife prepared the bud. :naughty: Those were the good old days when gas was less than 40 cents a gallon.

Hi, I'm new, I've been here before though and like the site.

My question is in the new Nike ad (featuring the four Lebrons chillin by the swimming pool) as the white-suited Lebron makes his dive a song plays with increasingly high pitch. I've forgotten the name of it and who produced it but I've heard it before and I'm sure most of you have as well.

Any clues?

What is the name of the song playing in the background of this nike commercial
and who is it by?

Summer Madness is correct. But I think the version on the commercial was an instrumental version of the song by Grover Washington Jr. Good stuff!!!!

Back