Edit topics?

Deadly Rose

Reaction score
I notice that when someone posts a new topic and the question is answered they go back and edit the title to put in "Answered" or add a checkmark to it. But I can't find how to do that with my own topics. Am I missing something in the options?

Admins are the only ones who can add the "Answered" to the topic title but you can add the check mark. Just go to your original post, hit [Edit] and select the smilie at the bottom. See here.

The Edit function is only available at certain user levels and for a limited time frame after first posting in some cases.

Originally posted by jca@Oct 22 2006, 07:40 PM
The Edit function is only available at certain user levels and for a limited time frame after first posting in some cases.
is that really necessary? forbidding ppl editting their own posts?

Originally posted by dascoot@Oct 28 2006, 07:50 PM
They must have done it for a reason.
Like most things, Editing posts was changed due to past abuse. :(

Is there a list somewhere that shows the available gained privilages and the amount of posts needed to acquire them?

If there is I haven't made enough posts to see it. :p

Originally posted by m173627@Dec 26 2006, 08:15 PM
Is there a list somewhere that shows the available gained privilages and the amount of posts needed to acquire them?
There isn't a comprehensive listing of who can do what (which is intentional), but you can read a bit more about the number of posts required to reach different user levels in the FAQ.

Back