Medieval Times

H

howRU

Hey every1--I'm in Ontario Canada (near Toronto) and altho I'm really not in2 opera music in general I must admit that I actually do like the opera song used in the Medieval Times TV commercial which airs where I live. The only lyrics in the opera song I can distinguish are "...Ti amo, ti amo..."

Not sure if the song was composed specifically 4 the TV commercial itself and 4 nothing else, or if the song is from an actual opera

Plz help! thanx y'all

:(

I'm pretty sure your commercial can be viewed at www.medievaltimes.com.

Anyway, I don't recognize it. Also, it's probably classified as a choral piece instead of opera. To be honest with you--and this is unfortunate since they're so hard to find--it might very well be a piece of promotional/immediate music (the kind written specifically for commercials, movie trailers, etc.). It has that "sound" to me, but you never know. It could be from a really famous work. I didn't read through the site, but you could check there and also e-mail whoever's listed and ask them for information about the commercial.

Yup, thanx 4 the link! And u were correct, the commercial actually is featured on their website--it'll automatically start playing (both in video and more importantly, in audio) just a few seconds after their site appears on the screen here at http://www.medievaltimes.com

Or if u'd prefer 2 listen & watch the commercial via Windows Media Player, then just go2 http://www.medievaltimes.com/index2.htm and then click where it says "Watch Our TV Commercial" (on upper rite-hand corner of screen)

I'm actually thinking of contacting them regarding the song, however, I must admit that I would feel quite awkward doing so; just imagine calling them up and saying "I'm actually calling to ask about the opera song..." but at the same time tho I'm sure others have also call to ask about the song as well

Thanx again:)

Hey all, well I did try googling "opera", "opera lyrics", etc but I guess they just don't have any kind of "reverse (opera) lyrics search" database--all they have is "Enter song title and then we'll give you lyrics/name of opera", or "Enter name of opera and then we'll give you song titles/lyrics" (neither of which is of any help 2 someone like me!). I'm sure if they had a feature such that I could enter the lyrics "Ti amo ti amo" and then they give me all song titles with those lyrics, then just mab I would've had better luck

I actually do think that perhaps mab the song could be from an actual opera but only bcuz after all, it is sung in Italian--I suppose I'd think that if it actually was a promotional piece then it'd be sung in English but then agn like I said, I'm really not in2 opera music in general anyways so how would I know?!

:ph34r:

Back