Idea

Bloodlessr

Might be alive
Reaction score
I've been throwing around an idea in my head about starting an off topic forum for all of our general blabber here on adtunes and was wondering if people might be interested. Not that Adtunes isn't sweet but we have flooded them a few times and I'm not a big fan of the posting wait time, which is understandable, don't get me wrong. If people think this is a good idea give me some feedback. It wouldn't be a just a shitty stock forum either, I could make it pretty cool.

I don't know, just an idea.

Yeah, sounds good to me.. I'm sure Michelle and Jon wouldn't mind the load lightened too..

Erika used to run one back awhile ago for the adults so we didn't have to worry about censoring ourselves around the kiddies but that kinda frittered off into nothingness.

If you do it, you think you could help me set up my own forum? It's for something different, a sorta-club I wanna get off the ground. I tried using phpBB but that basically sucks ass and I don't wanna pay for one through, say, invision because it'd be way way tiny and not worth a monthly fee.. basically the whole thing is Greek to me. :(

I was gonna look into phpbb and I've made 2 forums on Invision so if phpbb is stupid I'll use Invision. And yes I'll be glad to help you out if I can.

Actually I'll probably just use Invision or something else, phpbb is just a package and forum itself isn't hosted anywhere so it requires you to have your own hosting, which I don't have yet being that I'm poor. So... :rolleyes:

Yeah I was tryin to set it up through Geocities because I have one of their upgrades dealies, and I'm paying $8 a month for it so I figured I might as well use it for SOMETHING until my husband gets around to building my store for me.

But when I set it up and they gave me the temporary forum, the first damn thing I saw when I logged into it was a message saying my installation was NOT up to date, and click here to obtain the latest version, but when I click there it's a zip file and I said fuck that. <_<

i don't know if we would use it that much, but i think it's a good idea.

hey melissa, couldn't you just set up a paypal merchant account? link

PayPal charges money, and avoiding fees is the whole reason I want to get away from the eBay/PayPal dynasty. But thanks for the suggestion.

Originally posted by dascoot@Oct 13 2006, 04:16 PM
PayPal charges money, and avoiding fees is the whole reason I want to get away from the eBay/PayPal dynasty. But thanks for the suggestion.
I thought paypal had a royalty type of thing? (25 cents + a percentage) per payment? Or do they have a monthly fee? :unsure:

Originally posted by cultclassic@Oct 13 2006, 04:27 PM
I thought paypal had a royalty type of thing? (25 cents + a percentage) per payment?
Yep. I don't know about a monthly fee but they already take enough money from each transaction, I'd just as soon avoid the whole thing if I can.

Someone's gonna get a switchblade through the eyesocket! :woo:

Yeah money orders work but the shit takes so long, I really do like PayPal but just like any safe reliable service, it eventually becomes self-aware and realizes it can pretty much charge whatever it wants, and then DOES. I wanna find a service with, like, rent control. <_<

Originally posted by leone@Oct 13 2006, 04:54 PM
And a post office! It's amazing! :blink:
Oooh mini psychic moment there. I was at the post office today and got an idea for a cartoon beacause of all the New Yorkers there. :ph34r:

Originally posted by dascoot+Oct 13 2006, 04:57 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dascoot @ Oct 13 2006, 04:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-leone@Oct 13 2006, 04:54 PM
Oooh mini psychic moment there. I was at the post office today and got an idea for a cartoon beacause of all the New Yorkers there. :ph34r: [/b][/quote]
Melissa Glosser: Trivial Psychic !! :lol:

Originally posted by cultclassic+Oct 13 2006, 05:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cultclassic @ Oct 13 2006, 05:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by dascoot@Oct 13 2006, 04:57 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-leone
@Oct 13 2006, 04:54 PM

Oooh mini psychic moment there. I was at the post office today and got an idea for a cartoon beacause of all the New Yorkers there. :ph34r:
Melissa Glosser: Trivial Psychic !! :lol: [/b][/quote]
:lol: *rubbing temples* :annoyed: <-- (that's me concentrating, I'm not pissed off)

There's a dog running past your window. That dog will pee on the grass. Several blades will die. Go quick, you can stop this!

Back