LG flat panel TV commercial

TV@Beat

Advanced Member
Reaction score
There was this new commercial for LG's newest flat panel televsion sets and it had this techno, alternative song by a female artist. Who was that?

I'm looking for the same song! the only bits I could make out were:

"if I could I would stop the hands of time and try to..."

I've tried googling this and came up with zilch, so if anyone can help, that'd be stellar. :)

Just saw the commercial myself and of course this was my first stop! Almost started a new thread.

Hey what is that song? I that it as well! LOL
I looked on LG's website and the only commercials they have up so far are the one with the steam fresh dryer, the tv commercial with the old woman watching the football game and the fridge one.

By any chance is the song by the band Goldfrapp? The female voice sounds a lot like Alison Goldfrapp and their style of music?

If so, what is the song?

New here and i would also like to know the name of this song. It was in a desperate housewifes add for tonight. hopefully they play it!

Originally posted by tlch67@Oct 15 2006, 10:51 AM
By any chance is the song by the band Goldfrapp? The female voice sounds a lot like Alison Goldfrapp and their style of music?

If so, what is the song?

I thought it sounded a lot like Goldfrapp as well, but I'm more than sure it's not.

Originally posted by TV@Beat@Oct 11 2006, 05:15 PM
There was this new commercial for LG's newest flat panel televsion sets and it had this techno, alternative song by a female artist. Who was that?
I know it's driving me nuts too. I found the commercial though on lg's website here's a link

http://us.lge.com/experience/advertising/tv_2006_4.jsp

I hope we get an answer soon. I thought it was goldfrapp too but i listened again and i'm pretty sure it's not. :p

Originally posted by phatprincess@Oct 15 2006, 10:48 AM
could it be a remix of Melissa Auf Der Maur's: If I could I would?
No i just checked it's definetly not that song. Poo :huh:

I wish I could sound more optimistic on this reply... last night, I emailed LG Electronics, and they gave me a number to their Public Relations Department who told me that the song had been produced for this ad alone. Appararently, the composers are not (at this time) interested in producing this track for public release! Bummer! :(

Originally posted by gridlock@Oct 17 2006, 12:56 PM
I wish I could sound more optimistic on this reply... last night, I emailed LG Electronics, and they gave me a number to their Public Relations Department who told me that the song had been produced for this ad alone. Appararently, the composers are not (at this time) interested in producing this track for public release! Bummer! :(
All that said - it does have a resemblance to Goldfrapp's "Ooh la la"

Well isn't that just peachy. :!@#$: LoL. Well I guess we'll just have to wait and see if they ever put it out as a single. Thanx so much for the info

Wondering what the song is on the new LG flatscreen commercial. The copy shows all kinds of different sized LG flatscreens with a song that sounds like Goldfrapp, but I'm not sure. Anyone else know what I"m talking about? Thanks for the help.

Originally posted by gridlock+Oct 17 2006, 01:02 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gridlock @ Oct 17 2006, 01:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gridlock@Oct 17 2006, 12:56 PM
All that said - it does have a resemblance to Goldfrapp's "Ooh la la" [/b][/quote]
Goldfrapp's "Ooh la la" sounds a little like spirit in the sky

Back