Donnie Darko

moamaori

Reaction score
hello can anyone tell me which song's playing, when donnie's sister gives this halloween party? it's more at the end of the film. I couldn't find it on the soundtrack. It's with bagpipes in it i think.

thanx

ps: no it's no gary jules
:lol:

I think you're talking about "Under the Milky Way Tonight" by The Church. Its the only song in the movie with bagpipes in it :)

For Donnie Darko question: Try, "Killing Moon" by Echo & The Bunnymen or "Head Over Heals" by Tears for Fears. Sidenote: Tears for Fears did the original "Mad World" that Gary Jules covered for this movie.

Also, regarding the Kill Bill question. You will have better luck posting a new thread with just that question in it. More people will notice it, we can keep the Donnie Darko questions separate and it's less confusing...

Does anyone have a listing of songs that were used for the movie? The Donnie Darko soundtrack is a score soundtrack and only had Mad World as the actual song. I know it's in the credits of the movie but I do not have the DVD.

The movie is going to be released again in theatres right? Director's Cut?

Originally posted by drukelly@Jul 25 2004, 10:54 AM
Does anyone have a listing of songs that were used for the movie? The Donnie Darko soundtrack is a score soundtrack and only had Mad World as the actual song. I know it's in the credits of the movie but I do not have the DVD.

The movie is going to be released again in theatres right? Director's Cut?
For drukelly, if you want the Mad World track, it's on Gary Jules' newest album, I highly recommend it--the whole thing is great.

The movie Donnie Darko is great and the soundtrack even better...however I was really disappointed to find that the best track from the movie was not on the soundtrack. The scene is when Donnie and Gretchen are in the movie theatre and Frank appears and tells Donnie to watch the screen. It is a beautifully haunting piece of music, one of the best I've ever heard.

If anyone has a link or knows where this music can be located I would appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks.

Sophist,

No, it's not. Ave Maria is in a different part of the movie.

However, I owe you a huge thank you because of your suggestion of Ave Maria it gave me an additional search word(s) to use and I came across a website having this very discussion. Someone posted a link to where the song file is located and I downloaded it.

"It's a tune called "For Whom the bell tolls" by Steve Baker and Carmen Daye. It's from a record called "Voicing the Classics Vol. 2" if I remember correctly."

They commented that the rest of the record sucked!

Email me if you want the link, it's against AdTunes policy.

Steve

Steve,

You are absolutely right! My mistake.

Thanks for the info - managed to find a link to 'For Whom the Bell Tolls'.

:huh:
Hey,

Watched part of Donnie Darko last night and thought it was a strange but REALLY interesting movie. The Bunny was sort of freaky looking though.
Anyways, cannot find a song that was played in the movie. I checked out the soundtrack but it was the original score music with the Tears for Fears song.

Found out the list of songs that were played during the movie but the song I was looking for wasn't on it either. I'm pretty sure the lead singer of REM sang the song and it was a guitar accoustic song. Hope someone can help me. I've looked in the forums for "Donnie Darko" and read all the messages, that's where I found out about the song list but the REM song wasn't mentioned.

Boo

Did u checked the listing at IMDB ?

the listing is according to their appearance in the movie

I think you are referring to the cover version of Tears for Fears' 'Mad World' which is performed by GARY JULES.

my search tool isnt working...i can only find the film score to donniue darko on the net...anyone know the songs that are in it?

"And I find it kind of funny,
I find it kind of sad.
The dreams in which I'm dying,
Are the best I've ever had."

Back