Chevrolet

soulrebel

Reaction score
B) song used on chevrolet commercial being played on espn during baseball playoff games?? tag line is "this is our country" doesn't come up on my download sites. thanx

I believe this is a John Mellancamp tune,of the same name. Not sure if it's unreleased or not. His name is in the credits at the end, a la a music video. This is the commercial which shows scenes of several natural disasters with people recovering from them?

Or.. I just found out it's actually called "Pink House" by John Cougar Mellencamp

Pink Houses

Written by: John Mellencamp

There's a black man with a black cat livin' in a black neighborhood
He's got an interstate runnin' through his front yard
You know he thinks that he's got it so good
And there's a woman in the kitchen cleanin' up the evenin' slop
And he looks at her and says, "Hey darlin', I can remember when
you could stop a clock."

CHORUS:
Oh but ain't that America for you and me
Ain't that America somethin' to see baby
Ain't that America home of the free
Little pink houses for you and me

There's a young man in a t-shirt
Listenin' to a rockin' rollin' station
He's got greasy hair, greasy smile
He says, "Lord this must be my destination."
'Cause they told me when I was younger
"Boy you're gonna be president."
But just like everything else those old crazy dreams
Just kinda came and went

CHORUS

Well there's people and more people
What do they know know know
Go to work in some high rise
And vacation down at the Gulf of Mexico
Ooh yeah
And there's winners and there's losers
But they ain't no big deal
'Cause the simple man baby pays for the thrills, the bills,
the pills that kill

CHORUS

The song isn't Pink Houses. blusharp was right; it's called Our Country. I don't know if it's available anywhere though.

You are right on the money:

"Silverado Television Advertisements Airing During Major Sporting Events - "Our Country" Featured on NBC's Sunday Night Football in America
Watch for the new ads featuring "Our Country" during major sporting events. NBC's new Sunday Night Football in America will open each week with a 90-second spot celebrating America's passion for the game set to "Our Country!" "

"Chevrolet Partners with John Mellencamp for "Our Country. Our Truck." 2007 Silverado Advertising Campaign
Chevrolet has announced plans for a multi-media marketing campaign in support of their all-new, 2007 Silverado full-size pickup.

The television advertising features new music from American music legend John Mellencamp. Mellencamp's "Our Country" anthem combines the power of his convictions with the essence of the American experience to provide the perfect backdrop for the new Silverado campaign. Mellencamp fans who've had the good fortune to catch John in concert over the past year or so, should be familiar with the song which he's included in his recent performances.

John commented about the song and about his working with Chevrolet: "About a year ago, I wrote this song to tell a story about some of the challenges our country faces and how our beliefs and ideals can help us meet them. This partnership with Chevy - an American company that is creating jobs and supporting our communities - makes perfect sense for a song that is all about standing up for the working people who are the backbone of our nation."

An extension of the "An American Revolution" campaign, the new Silverado advertising, themed "Our Country. Our Truck.", embodies the spirit of the American pickup owner and reinforces Chevy's position as the maker of the most iconic trucks on the road. "

Here is Mellencamp's myspace url:

http://www.myspace.com/johnmellencamp

The song is going to be on his new album Freedom's Road out early 2007.
You can listen to it on his website.

Back