Nissan 2007 Versa

Go!Team

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew the song that is in the background during the Nissan Versa commercials.
It shows a blue hacthback driving around and at the end it has a couple of different scenes, one has an observatory in the trunk and another with an aquarium. The song sounds pretty cool sort of like Arctic Monkeys or The Vines.

Anyone know the tune?

Any1 know the song? I think it's Nissan Versa, but not sure (it's definitely a 2007 model tho)...commercial shows big blue/grey fish jumping out of aquarium in car trunk

Plz help! Thanx

:(

Ok every1--i just saw commercial again just now, it's definitely Nissan 2007 Versa model, but this one particular commercial I saw shows a tree in car trunk instead of an aquarium, and some guy falling out of the tree instead of a fish jumping out of aquarium. Both ads feature same song.

Plz help! thanx!

The 2007 Nissan Versa has 2 different commercials, both featuring same song and same blue car

In one version 2 young men driving around, then both get out of car and they open the car trunk--there's an aquarium in trunk, and a big grey fish jumps out of aquarium (doesn't jump out of trunk tho)

In nother version, they open car trunk--there's a tree in trunk, and a guy falls out of tree (doesn't fall out of trunk tho)

Any1 out there know name of song, & who sings it? Plz help! Thanx!

:(

I guess the commercial is only aired in Canada.

Any Canadians out there know what I'm talking about?

3 ads all start with two guys driving a blue nissan (pretty small car) they stop outside some apartments and both get out and open the trunk (or boot if British) to see :

Ad 1) shows an observatory in the back and a guy says " I can see uranus"
burst of song, lyrics unknown

Ad 2) shows a tree and then a man falls out of the tree - song again

Ad 3) orca the whale jumps into the air and splashes down - song again

No lyrics to go on - but I know you lot can solve the problem and will know the song in a trice!

Fingers crossed for you all.

Yahoo has it as "Ride" by the Vines. Don't have any personal knowledge of ad; have not seen it.

Nah - not that one I downloaded it - but thanks for trying. It sounds almost punky - unfortunately can't actually make out any words...

aenagy: I can confirm that. The song "ride" is far from what I heard to on the car commercial.

Go!Team: Ya, I think there is multiple different versions of this commercial.

Has anyone tried finding the commercial on a website?
Ive found it helpful, on previous commercial song searches, to google the fragmented lyrics of the song.
Maybe someone could ask Nissan if they would tell us the song.

Have checked the Nissan website - nothing doing. Can't even email them. Did try waiting on the telephone for a while but got pretty bored. I have another post with the details of the three ads on it. I don't know how to link them. No replies there either. Someone somewhere ...

Those youtube links arent from the commercial we are talking about. They are from the US and at the end it says "nissanusa.com" as opposed to "nissan.ca" we are looking for a commercial from canada. Thanks for your help though.

I have looked all over youtube and google for the commercial, but cant find anything.

Still searching though. Perhaps we could email nissan.ca asking them to post the commercial or make it available.

Originally posted by britsgowild@Oct 29 2006, 05:12 PM
Ad 1) shows an observatory in the back and a guy says " I can see uranus"
burst of song, lyrics unknown
"I can see uranus"?!? :rolleyes: Lol. This reminds me of the recent Diet Coke ad where a young guy & an old guy are sitting on the front steps of a house. The old guy is a cantankerous sourpuss with that typical "You kids have it easy nowadays!"

Anyway, he's drinking a Diet Coke but doesn't believe it, even though the young guy is is telling him that it is indeed a diet drink; the viewer can also clearly see that he's holding a Diet Coke can. The old timer then launches into a tirade about his endless knowledge & infinite wisdom, including asking the young guy if he knew what the capital of Djbouti is? He then immediately answers his own question: "The capital of Djbouti is Djbouti! HA! Don't tell me I I've never had a Diet Coke. :angry: "

The whole point of this tirade is to Coke to say the word "booty", i.e. albeit embedded in "Djbouti", three times during the prime time advertising slot.

P.S. I'd bet that you're just happy I bumped your thread. ;)

i got all excited that there was a reply! I thought, FINALLY...

Nevermind, you gave me a chuckle - wouldn't sit next to you on the tube though.
I am hoping some other mad person will read this and instantly know this damn song. It is REALLY starting to bug me.

Maybe no-one should buy a Nissan until they start detailing the artists used in their ads. So, I am not buying one, how about you - care to join my campaign?

problem is - I haven't been able to work out any lyrics. It is just a quick snatch of words at the end of the ad. Sort of like someone standing on your foot type yowl then something. Will download and see if it is the Smiths - not got a good feeling though...

Think it makes a difference where you are based too as the ad I am talking about is aired in Canada, Ontario to be specif. Think there is a different US ad. Will let you know...

^ You can listen to a snipet of it here at Amazon.

I believe it was also used into the soundtrack to the recent movie called Closer starring Natalie Portman et al. Unfortunately, it seems to have gone out of print. I can't find on amazon, nor barnes&noble. It used to be rather easy to locate it. :unsure:

Anyway, that CD is great--mostly for having Suzanne Vega's melancholy, yet sultry & truly haunting song "Caramel". I'd check this song out too. :eek:k:

P.S. So you're a Canadian? Have you seen Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo? ha ha.

Oops! That song by The Smiths was used in a Nissan Maxima ad. Sorry...

Can you describe the song a bit more--like who does it sound like? Is it upbeat, melancholy, depressing (e.g. The Carpenters - Superstar), futuristic (e.g. Air - Surfing on a Rocket), club, trance, garbage (e.g. anything by K-Fed or Paris Hilton) etc.?

I know what commercial we're talking about and the song is actually the reson i joined this forum lol. Its definitely NOT The Smiths "How Soon Is Now?" It's a very upbeat song with a really cool steady guitar riff...i totally wish i could understand the lyrics...it would be SO much easier to find...male vocals......

I don't know how else to describe it...

~B

Back