Phillips

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Can someone PLEASE tell me the name of the song in this commercial...

It's the part before the actual 'Getting Better' song. I thought it was Perez Prado or someone. I've been wanting to know the name of this song for years now. Now it's more of a quest than wanting the song..ya know. It's my white whale so to speak. :) Thanks for any help you can give me.

This was also used in the Spongebob Episode titled 'Pressure'. Its the title song. Don't know if that will help or not. I knew this would be a tough one.

When I watched the commercial on youtube, I thought "Hey! I'll bet thats Ursula 1000!" So I played through my only cd by them, "The Now Sound Of Ursual 1000" and even though the sound and "feel" are somewhat close, it was not them.

The only reason I thought I'd share this is because I thought you might be willing to make use of an "off-white whale" while your quest continues. Cheers.

I think it's Perez Prado but I can't think of the title of the song offhand. It's old Mambo music.

Ok so I can't get back on that you-tube video..???

Anyway I THINK the song is "tea for two"...not sure of the artist because it sounds like a "newer" remake...but I did see one version by the mambo allstars??? but I don't think it is the same version.

Anyway good luck in your search...

Yeah...I've been to cdnow and listened to all of Prado's cd's. It certainly sounds like him..but it wasnt in there anywhere..

it's an original piece of music scored for the ad. most mambo sounds a lot alike.

No..I don't think it is. I heard it in a Spongebob episode and in various other places. The reason I picked that commercial is because it featured the song and I found it on YouTube....

maybe they sold it to someone else but the credits on an ad website credit zen music and a composer named ben neill. is it possible it's not the same song as spongebob?

Zen Music specializes in production music (zenmusic.com) Even if it was commissioned for that ad, unless Phillips shelled out the extra bucks to retain exclusivity it's likely that it ended up in their library. That would make it fair game for any production company to buy. :ph34r:

Ok..NumyMufn..I appreciate the tip. But now what...should I just call them? Say..'hey..I'm looking for a song used in a Phillips commercial' ?

I'm not familiar with Zen Music specifically, but most production music companies require that you be a licensed production company in order to buy their tracks. Once in a blue moon, there is enough interest to get a track released to the public but that is extremely rare.

Back