Deleting files

Space Cataz

Pro Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know a program that will clear out deleted files from my hard drive. I need extra space, so I think that if i get a program to delete my already deleted files completely, maybe I'll get some more space.

Methinks somebody doesn't want his parents to find his pr0n stash.

WTF dude, hold ctrl and click all the files you want deleted and then right click and delete them. That easy. Or maybe next time put everything in folders, then when you dont want anything in the folder anymore you could...

delete the whole folder!!! Thats right, the whole thing!!!

Welcome to the world of using a computer.

:lol:

I think he means securely delete the files. Like when the machine overwrites the already deleted files 5 or 10 times with zeros. And no, I don't know any programs (for pc that is), but I'm sure there are plenty. Try searching sourceforge or version tracker. And stop ogling the pr0n :p

My bad, I missread his question. I used to know of a program that did that. hmmmm.

Also I dont think a program that did that would give you more space it would just encrypt your data.

the man has a point. you'd have to have like a couple hundred gigabytes of deleted info to make a noticeable difference. mwaaaaaa

It's not that I'm trying to hide pr0n, its just that I'm running low on space (like 320 MB left), and I really want more space.

So can't you just delete unnecessary stuff and defrag or reformat?

Originally posted by Space Cataz@Sep 28 2006, 07:49 PM
It's not that I'm trying to hide pr0n, its just that I'm running low on space (like 320 MB left), and I really want more space.
Well you need to delete files you can actually see, what you are asking about would just encrypt your deleted stuff, which doesnt take up any space anyways. Get another hard drive, you can get 250 gigs for 70ish bucks on newegg.com.

Yeah I have two external 200GB HDs as well as an 80GB internal, and that's still not enough. I have to rely on my dvd burner to constantly back things up to make space. Seriously, buying an external (or even another internal) HD is the smartest thing you will ever do. Ev-er.

True that. I bought a 100GB External USB drive a few years ago, where I kept a copy of all my design work and music. About a half year ago my computer hard drive massively failed for some reason, and if I wouldn't have bought the external I would have lost EVERYTHING. I'll probably buy a 250Gig Firewire in the coming months. I'm starting to run low on space again. Firewire because it's faster, and because if my computer fails I can run an operating system off it. Which is great if it's finals week and I have a massive project to polish up on.

Back