Bobby

dely

Reaction score
Hi all, I 've done a search using a few dif't methods and didn't come up with anything because this doesn't really fit a specific category. I'm a regular watcher of Entertainment Tonight, and for a week or so they've been running promos for the new movie "Bobby", written and directed by Emilo Estevez, about the assassination of Robert Kennedy.

They've been using the well known 60s song "Abraham, Martin and John" in their promos, but I wonder if anyone can tell me *whose* version they're using?? Amazon shows Dion as the person who seems to have recorded this the most frequently, but I'd have thought this to be a much more political song than his usual thing, and I'm not sure it sounds like his voice. It is the version I've heard the most often over the years though (that ET's using, I mean). Anyone know whose recording they're using? Mucho thanks guys.

Hey guys,

So there's a song in the second half of this trailer (http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/bobby.html) that I'm trying to find.
It basically has a repeating chorus going "never gonna break my faith..."
For some reason, I can't seem to find it...good song, works great in the trailer-- just curious.

THanks!

-Dan

What is the name of the song that starts at about 1/3 of the trailer, when a guy says "Senator Kennedy, welcome at the ambassador hotel. -Thank you very much".

Now, is it just me, or is the very first instrumental bit of music (at the very beginning of the trailer) some sort of remix/cover of the Eternal Sunshine theme by Jon Brion?

i definitely think its a jon brion rip, and for some reason that upsets me....

Originally posted by mindmerge@Oct 11 2006, 06:06 PM
What is the name of the song that starts at about 1/3 of the trailer, when a guy says "Senator Kennedy, welcome at the ambassador hotel. -Thank you very much".
That song is "Rain Hammers" by Thomas Newman from the film "Road to Perdition."

Now, if anyone could help me with another piece from the trailer, I would be so grateful. :)

So yeah, you know the part after "Rain Hammers" and starting from when "Bobby" (R.F.K) sticks his thumb out to the crowd...I'm stuck on that.
It's driving me nuts, and if anyone could tell me...load off my shoulders (and head :p).
Anyway, thanks a lot.

Originally posted by Icedberry@Sep 22 2006, 08:35 PM
"Never Gonna Break My Faith" by Bryan Adams.
What disappoints me is that the soundtrack won't have the version where he's singing it. Aretha Franklin sings it for the CD. Nothing against Aretha Franklin, since she's an amazing vocal artist...but to me, Bryan Adams' version would've been preferred.

Any word on whether his version will ever surface beyond the trailer? If so, I'd definately like to obtain it.

On the Bobby TV spot, there is an orchestrial/choral song. I've heard it many places, but I dont know what it is. Can anyone help?

I have been searching all over for the name of this song as well. I haven't been able to find it yet, but if this helps anyone narrow it down, this same song appeared on one of the tv spots for Babel.

I believe it's from the score to The Island; a track called "My Name is Lincoln."

Good god, you're right! Thank you so much, it had been nagging at me for days!

This piece of music was also used in NBC's coverage of the opening ceremony for the 2006 winter Olympics.

Here's a you tube video

Back