Kohl's "In a Big Country"

cavagnac

Reaction score
Kohl's "In a Big Country"

I just saw a commercial that had a slowed down cover of "In a big country" and I was wondering if anyone knows who is covering it. I checked the itunes lists and didn't hear any similar version...

Saw this ad tonight with a guy carrying a diamond ring box and the cover version of Big Country's "In a Big Country" featured in the ad was so good. Anyone know who's performing it?

"In a Big Country" - released on iTunes as part of the CD single for "Don't Wait" (2006)

Are you sure it's Dashboard Confessional? I downloaded their version and it doesn't sound the same to me. I just want to double check it's not a new remake.

Crap! I don't use iTunes!

:angry:

Oh well, maybe it'll come out on some other services.

;)

Originally posted by KannD86@Sep 13 2006, 06:27 AM
"Are you sure it's Dashboard Confessional? I downloaded their version and it doesn't sound the same to me. I just want to double check it's not a new remake."
It is not Dashboard (at least god, I hope not). It was actually very good. Not that dashboard isn't good, it's just that Chris's voice isn't as sweet as the voice on the commercial. The song on the commercial also lacked the cheesy 80s horn/strings riff that also appears on the Dashboard cover.

This might be totally wrong, and I will totally eat my words if I am...but my money is on JIMMY GNECCO of the band OURS. He has one of the best voices of the current generation. Ours has released 2 amazing records and he is also featured on a Spiderman soundtrack (with Queen guitarist Brian May).

My second guess would be the copycat band Palo Alto - a band that lacks one cell of originality, but they do some damn good imitations of other great bands.

I'll post a "for sure" when I find the answer.

-cliff

Thank you so much! I knew it wasn't the Dashboard Confessional version. I think the original will always be my favorite, but I'll definitely check this one out now that I know the artist. :)

I wonder if a full version will be made cuz I really, really like it. It doesn't say in that forum so does anyone know?

Does anyone know who is singing the cover of Big Country's "In a Big Country" in the new Kohl's commercial?

Thanks ... I did a search and nothing came up. I guess "Kohl's" in a search doesn't return "Kohls"

No, it was done just for the ad I think. In fact, it hasn't been confirmed by the store or the artist whether it's true but his (Jimmy Gnecco) fans have no doubt in their mind. His group Ours have a new cd coming out and if they really did that cover, and ppl really like it, it might be included (or I really hope at least).

Is there a way we could write to him or his band and encourage them to record a full copy? I was looking forward to listening to it, then I found out it wasn't available yet.

Back