Desperate Housewives on Lifetime

luc-eye

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone knows the title or artist of this song. It's a male vocal and it sounds old and jazzy. I think I've heard it before, but I can't place it. The lyrics are something like, "Hey, little girl, put on your make up; let your hair down". Can anyone help??

Does anyone know the name of the song for the commercial for desperate housewifes that is coming to lifetime. part of the song is HEY LITTLE GIRL. . . . . . .

Here's what I found:

Wives And Lovers
Words & Music by Hal David & Burt Bacharach
Recorded by Jack Jones, 1963

There's a commercial on Lifetime(ch 65) promoting that Desperate Houswives will b coming 2 Lifetime & I want the name of the song that's playing in the background.Here are the lyrics I can remember:
" Hey, little girl..Put on your make up....Soon he will open the door...... For wives should b lovers too...He comes home 2 you ....It's time 2 get ready for love."

THe song kinda sounds like an oldies type of song, like it's from the 50's or something.

The little lyrics I know of the song is..

"Hey little girl, comb your hair, fix your make-up..soon.."

Yuh =[ I really want to know the song. =[

Sounds like "Wives and Lovers," which was most famously recorded by Frank Sinatra.

before D.H debuted on lifetime, they were showing commercials for it on liftime...does anyone know the name of that song?

there was a desperate housewives commerical on lifetime the other day and i loved the song in the backround it was something like "hey, little girl fix your hair, fix your makeup" does anyone know what it is called? thanks

That sounds like Hey Little Girl by Icehouse, but those aren't quite the lyrics, so maybe I am wrong.
I'd point u to a sound clip, but iTunes doesn't have but a remix. But here r the lyrics.

hey hey
when everything goes wrong
sometimes it makes no sense
hey hey
there once was a time
I should have known better then
hey hey
although you may try
it won't come your way again
hey little girl
where will you hide
who can you run to now
hey little girl
where will you go
who can you turn to now
hey hey
so why should I care
if somebody let you down
hey hey
that's nothing new
I know just what that can mean
hey hey
well the way that they talk
the talk is all over town
hey hey
and it's no surprise
little girls hurt sometimes
hey little girl
where will you hide
who can you run to now
hey little girl
where will you go
who can you turn to now
hey hey
when everything goes wrong
sometimes it makes no sense
hey hey
hey little girl
I should have known better
known better then
hey hey
hey little girl
where will you hide
who can you run to now
hey little girl
where will you hide
who can you run to now
hey little girl
where will you go
who can you turn to now

I have seen an ad for Desperate Housewives on Lifetime a few times. I have tried to figure out what the song in the background is. Its a "dance' type song. all I can make out is:
"oooohh Ohhh I just wanna Ooohh bam bam bam" I am sorry its so vague. The ad is the one where Nicolette Sheridan is walking with terri hatcher and she turns around and asks is a man was a plumber, and is he could come and check her pipes...
Any information anyone could give me would be great.

yea, i was wondering about this too. you can't hear any sort of lyrics. but that's the commercial i want to know about.

oh, and that link doesn't work.

OK Sooo I found someone else who got the ad online, and They are looking for it as well... Any help you guys? Its been months.. lol... Any info would be awesome. :)

Back