Uncle Buck

leparulo

Reaction score
I'm looking for the composure/artist who wrote the music from a scene in the movie uncle buck, circa 1989.

Specifically, it's the scene where he is doing his laundry (John Candy's character is using a ceiling fan as well as a microwave to dry his wet clothing). In the music there are no lyrice, it's just instrumental.

The music has a latin influence with with trumpets and various horns.

I just discovered how great this site is.

I've been looking this particular artist/track for years!

Any help?

did anyone catch UNCLE BUCK w/ John Candy on HBO this week. what's the song when they cut to McCulley Culkin washing the dishes and pretending to be on drums (its a big band kinda track) and just before the mother calls to check on the kids. The movie is also on HBO onDemand. The credits do list a few tracks but I can't figure it out.

it's mostdef "RHYTHM OF LIFE" Written and Performed by Hugh Harris...thanks!

It' not "Rhythm Of Life" by Hugh Harris. That song is soft and plays at the end of the movie. The song being asked about is kind of bluesy/jazz stuff. No vocals just a cool beat. I've listened to all of the songs but one (and none of them are it) in the movie credits and at imdb.com The only song I haven't heard is Ray Anthony - "Thunderbird" which might be the song we're looking for.

"Uncle Buck" unkown music

looking 4 the instrumental music when Buck picks up Tia at the outside party. sounds like a hip-hop beat. not the Tone Loc song but the song with no lyrics. looked online at imdb but no luck.

thx

It's an instrumental version of: The Dismasters - "Small Time Hustler"

Reactions: jca
I'm looking for the composure/artist who wrote the music from a scene in the movie unclebuck, circa 1989.

Specifically, it's the scene where he is doing his laundry (John Candy's character is using a ceiling fan as well as a microwave to dry his wet clothing). In the music there are no lyrice, it's just instrumental.

The music has a latin influence with with trumpets and various horns.

I just discovered how great this site is.

I've been looking this particular artist/track for years!

Any help?

It's an uncredited cover of the song: "Java" originally by Al Hirt performed by Allen Toussaint.

Allen Toussaint - "Java" (Al Hirt Cover)

It's a trumpet instrumental called "Java" by Al Hirt. It was taken from Allen Toussaint's piano composition, "The Wild Sounds of New Orleans." There is a couple of good recordings on Youtube.

in the film uncle buck, i want to know whats that jazzy style music playing in the background while uncle buck hits bug with a golf ball.

Back