The Simpsons Season 6

aly_monkey

Reaction score
The Simpsons "A Star Is Burns" season 6

Hello everyone.

I was wondering if someone could tell me what is the song played when there is this event in Springfield about movies, when Barney does his, there is a song... like an opera song, I wish I could know its name :unsure:

Thanks.

The episode you're referring to is from Season 6, and it's titled "A Star Is Burns." Barney's movie is called "Pukahontas." I'll see if I can find anything out for you regarding the music.

EDIT:
After searching the web for awhile, I came across a site with a Simpson's Archive. It states that the song being played in Barney's movie is the love theme from (the opera) Madame Butterfly. However, when I checked the Madame Butterfly soundtrack, everything listed is in Italian. So, I'm not sure exactly which song it is. Hopefully this will narrow it down enough for you though.
Good Luck~

you know the episode where Bart falls inlove with Reveren Lovejoe's daughter Jessica and he was doing all he can to impress her. There is a part where Bart is walking down the street and real like gangster music is playing in the background the lyrics go something like this "Woke up this morning, got my self a girl" and so on. anyone know this song?

Thank you in advance. :ph34r:

Yes, "Papa's Got a Brand New Badge" does an extended Sopranos spoof, including the theme song "Woke Up This Morning" by A3.

Homer names several jobs he has had in this episode... here's the list I got:
Boxer (Episode 803 "The Homer They Fall")
Mascot (Episode 205 "Dancing Homer")
Astronaut (Episode 515 "Deep Space Homer")
Imitation Krusty (Episode 615 "Homie The Clown")
Baby-proofer (Episode 1216 "Bye Bye Nerdy")
Trucker (Episode 1017 "Maximum Homerdrive")
Hippie (Episode 1006 "D'oh-in' in the Wind")
Plow Driver (Episode 409 "Mr. Plow")
Food Critic (Episode 1103 "Guess Who's Coming to Criticize Dinner")
Conceptual Artist (Episode 1019 "Mom and Pop Art")
Grease Salesman (Episode 1001 "Lard of the Dance")
Carnie (Episode 912 "Bart Carny")
Mayor (Episode 1202 "A Tale of Two Springfields")
Grifter (Episode 1207 "The Great Money Caper")
Bodyguard for the Mayor (Episode 1009 "Mayored to the Mob")
Country-Western Manager (Episode 320 "Colonel Homer")
Garbage Commissioner (Episode 922 "Trash of the Titans")
Mountain Climber (Episode 923 "King of the Hill")
Farmer (Episode 1105 "E-I-E-I-(Annoyed Grunt)")
Inventor (Episode 1002 "The Wizard of Evergreen Terrace")
Smithers (Episode 717 "Homer The Smithers")
Poochie (Episode 814 "The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show")
Celebrity Assistant (Episode 1005 "When You Dish Upon a Star")
Power Plant Worker (Almost every episode)
Fortune Cookie Writer (Episode 1304 "Hunka Hunka Burns in Love")
Beer Baron (Episode 818 "Homer vs. the Eighteenth Amendment")
Kwik-E-Mart Clerk (Episode 308 "Lisa's Pony")
Homophobe (Episode 815 "Homer's Phobia")
Missionary (Episode 1115 "Missionary Impossible")

Also, the area code given for Springshield is "636" is a Missouri area code... but Springfield, MO is in the 417 area code. Hmm...

The Simpsons "A Star Is Burns" season 6

Does anyone know the name to the song playing in the backgound of Barney's short film in the Simpsons episode were Springfield hostes a film festival.

His short film is about him being an alcaholic. His exact words are "My name is Barney Gumble and I'am an alcoholic....." ending with the words "dont cry for me, I'am already dead" It's the episode whre Homer loves the short film "Football in the Groin".

The Simpsons "Homie the Clown" season 6

this was the clown college episode where homer becomes a impersonator of Krusty.

near the end of the episode krusty and home have to both do the lopp to loop trick

while they do it at the end they do a diff trick first.

they are riding the mini bike on the bar top and homers head hits a few wine glasses and it plays a great tune

does ANYONE know what it was????

-matt

Actually, I think leone is right... here's what TV.com has to say about "Homie the Clown":

While Homer and Krusty do the bicycle stunt, Homer's head plays the theme from the "Godfather" when he hits the wine glasses.

The Simpsons "A Star is Burns" season 6

its the episode where they have a movie festival and some Jay guy comes to judge.. anyways its in barneys movie(where he says, "dont cry for me, im already dead).. its opera i think.. lady singing with classical music, great song but i cant find it

anybody?

The Simpsons "Round Springfield" season 6

does anyone know the song when.. lisa is at the bridge. on the episode when bleeding gums dies. it's a knew song.. and it mostly saxaphone.
ok peace.

If it's the same song I'm thinking of it's Gerry Rafferty's "Baker Street".

Back