Best commercial ad song?

Its not a catchy commercial bbut I've always liked the "Snickers" commercial with the boxer who has mutant sized ears. It came out after the Tyson ear gnawing incident.
I always thought it was creative low brow-ish humor. :D

my favorite commercial was for the vw cabriolet convertible
there 4 friends driving to a party at night with the top down. when they get there they turn around and leave, prefering the drive under the stars.
nick drake "pink moon" in the background...so nice...

my fave commercial is... ok my fave commercials are the 2004 mitsubishi galant where it has the galant vs. another car in a handling test and a braking test. goto www.seewhathappens.com to see the commercials.

I don't know if it is truly my fave, but the gum commercial (maybe icebreakers) is pretty cool with some really good music.

At a night club with what I call that "new sepia" look, a guy sees a hottie from afar, and starts to approch her. Words of doubt are are spoken in voice-over form, and also appear as thought bubbles in text form, floating over his head.

He pops in a pice of gum and all the words of doubt in bubble form dissapear, and the thought bubble "Hi" appears.

The Gorrillas 19-2000 (wiseguys re-mix I think) is the music behind it, and it fits so well.

Note: they have since re-mmixed the commercial and use difffernt (not as good in my opinion) music inthe background.

OK, these are the current commercials that get me to stop what I am doing, watch, and that I actually enjoy watching:

1. William Shatner losing his job at Priceline. I love Shatner's hammy acting and the exchange with Leonard Nimoy.
2. The Acura RSX commercial on the in city "race track". Catchy techno tune unfortunately a commissioned work.
3. The Toyota Sequoia commercial with kids. Chokes me up every time. Unfortunately, does not seem to be in broadcast rotation anymore.
4. The current Diet Coke commercials with Kate Beckinsdale and Adrian Brody. Just plain cool B)

i currently like the Coke C2 commercial... its funny, and i like the music...
the william shatner crackes me up too

you can watch the william shatner commercials at this site

i just saw the new dq comercial with the moolatte's hahaha i found it funny, not so much catchy but hey... :p i also liked the new coke one where the guy won money and he walks in with all the chains around his neck and his friends are looking at him and he says 'word' hahah.. :lol:

What is everyone's favorite piece of music from a commercial? Here are some of mine:

Gravity Rides Everything by Modest Mouse. I think that was from a Nissan Minivan commercial.

Pictures of You by the Cure for HP Photography.

We've Been Had by The Walkmen for Saturn.

and of course:

Mr. Blue Sky by ELO for the VW beetle convertible.

What does everyone else like? Just thought I'd ask, because we've all obviously been affected by music in commercials, or we wouldn't be here.

--Matt

Renaissance Affair by Hooverphonic - VW Beetle
Playground Love by Air - Levis (I think)
Strict Machine by Goldfrapp - Gameboy
Bellissimo by Ilya - some make-up
Somewhere Only We Know by Keane - Victoria's Secret ad featuring my future wife Adriana Lima. (She was also featured in the one with creepy Bob Dylan and looking different in some eye-lash and lipstick commercials for some make-up company.)

My favs right now are:

-"My heart goes boom" by French Affair for the Sex in the City TBS ad. I have the over powering urge to "bust a move" when I hear this song.

-"School days(ring ring goes the bell)" the remix of this for Zellers (a version that I can't find ANYWHERE). When ever I hear this catchy techno mix of the old Chuck Berry classic it becomes stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

- http://www.richardrosenman.com/software/to...yota_matrix.mp3 Listen to it. The only place I had ever heard this song was when they played the Toyota Matrix 2003 commercial before movies at my Theater on Vancouver Island. I still don't know what this song is called.

- And this song heard here: http://www.stargatefan.com/multimedia/vide...deo/Scifihi.wmv and here: http://www.stargatefan.com/multimedia/video/Scifi2.wmv . This song is one of the best I have heard on a commercial. Actually Sci Fi Channel has a real panache for getting kick ass music for its commercials. But this one is my fav. Yet another song I can't put a name to.

:lol: "Ariel Ramirez" by Richard Buckner for VW Toureag Ad.

"Somewhere" by David something for TIAA Creff Add

"Monday Morning" by Maria Mena (I think) for a COX Cable Ad. <_<

all great choices!!
If it hadn't been for that Saturn Ion ad about leaving college, I would have never known about Brendan Benson. I love the guy's music, so my choice has to be "Tiny Spark" by Brendan Benson.

my personal favorite is "one million miles away" by j. ralph for volkswagon

new Cat Power version of "Somewhere" for TIAA-CREF.
yes, Modest Mouse "Gravity Rides Everything" for Nissan.
ye olde Spiritualized "Floating In Space" for VW.
Rolling Stones "She's A Rainbow" for Apple.
Polyphonic Spree for VW/Apple, HP, and god knows what else.
and as much as i hate the company, Mojave 3 for Hummer.

Originally posted by ainm@Oct 6 2004, 08:53 PM
...and as much as i hate the company, Mojave 3 for Hummer.
i couldn't agree with you more! mojave 3 is in a hummer commercial?! :blink:
holy moly! what song is it?

I effing hate the whole concept of the Hummer.

I had to do some extensive research on the military HMMWV/Humvee at work. It's pretty cool as an extension of the jeep concept as we know it (MASH in my case). The HMMWV/Humvee is seriously versatile and kinda dope. When I hear of vulcanists and wild-fire fighters using it, that's cool. When I recall that now Cali. Gov. Schwarzenegger is largely responsible for its street use, I get kinda sick.

But the folk at Hummer have constructed some excellent adverts.
Politics aside, they're some of the best flics on tv.

The Mojave 3 song "Bluebird of Happiness" from Spoon and Rafter is used in the commercial where people ride out to the middle of nowhere and launch candle-powered kite/lanterns in the deep black night sky.

This was discussed in depth here:
this site
sellouts1? & sellouts2?

No doubt from VW is "Pink Moon" in the Cabrio commercial by Nick Drake.. completely sets the mood for the commercial and such a timeless song.

The Axe touch song is amazingly catchy too.

A few favorites:

Hooverphonic - Renaissance Affair (for the VW Vapor commercial)
Telepopmusik - Breathe (another car ad - can't remember the car though)
Master Cylinder/Volkswagen - Jung at Heart "that was interesting" (VWJetta commercial)
Fisher - Wheel (current toyota commercial)
Lush - Undertow (Levi's "Atlas Bakery" commercial)
Air - Playground Love (Levi's "French Dictionary" commercial)

Back