World Trade Center

jemurdo

Reaction score
I'm surprised I'm the first to post this question here: what's the song in the new, chilling trailer for World Trade Center? Thanks!

I agree with you jem. This trailer is powerful and gives a chilling reference to the film. It looks like Oliver Stone has made a masterpiece if the trailer is any indication of this film. I looked at the credits and the music is done by Craig Armstrong. It just may be the score for the motion picture. It certainly fits the mood.

Love the trailer, very well done. Still don't think I can take watching that movie yet....

I'm also wondering what the final dramatic cue is in the trailer. Anyone know?

Originally posted by Butter777@May 18 2006, 10:27 AM
Love the trailer, very well done. Still don't think I can take watching that movie yet....

I'm also wondering what the final dramatic cue is in the trailer. Anyone know?
If you followed the link above, Craig himself says that it's from THE LIFE OF DAVID GALE.

Regards,
Dan

Its track 7 on the soundtrack. Its definently one of my favourite scores around and I'm glad its finally getting some recognision.

I went to see Davinci Code and this trailer came on. This was one of the most powerful trailers i have ever seen. Everyone in the audience stopped and was captivated, it looks like its gonna be a very good film. The music no doubt played a huge role setting the mood. I damn near cried just watching the trailer in theatre.

It's in the new WTC movie tv spot trailer, Sounds like Coldplay, I'm not sure. Only lyrics were at the end of the trailer, "a light will guide you home..", anyone?

Originally posted by rjay8604@May 23 2006, 08:36 PM
I went to see Davinci Code and this trailer came on. This was one of the most powerful trailers i have ever seen. Everyone in the audience stopped and was captivated, it looks like its gonna be a very good film. The music no doubt played a huge role setting the mood. I damn near cried just watching the trailer in theatre.
Same here. And I don't cry -- ever.

speaking oft he trailers, the new one features a cover of coldplay's "fix you". it definitely doesn't sound like chris martin's high voice...but it could be the end of the original song or something. anyone know if this is a cover or not? thanks!

Does anyone know the song in the new TV spot for World Trade Center? I don't think it's the Craig Armstrong piece from The Life of David Gale. I haven't seen this particular trailer in theaters, only on TV.

well i think its only fitting that someone like Oliver Stone tackles this very fresh hot button event..regardless of your personal beefs with him the man has vision and you cant blame him for sometimes giving us different points of view. I do understand tho that this film is non-political and packs no punches so breath...

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I've seen a TV spot that uses "Journey to the Line" from Hans Zimmer's score to The Thin Red Line.

Originally posted by Shadowlandv1@Aug 2 2006, 03:41 PM
speaking oft he trailers, the new one features a cover of coldplay's "fix you". it definitely doesn't sound like chris martin's high voice...but it could be the end of the original song or something. anyone know if this is a cover or not? thanks!
I think that totally sounds like Chris Martin. Believe me, I've listened to the entire CD prolly 150 times since I got it last year. :blink:

Ook, ive read over the posts here SO many times and i guess i STILL just dont understand it. Maye im just reading about another trailer though so ill explain what ive been looking for.. Sometimes on Comedy Central a commericial comes on for this movie, and its not that long.. not the 2min 42 seconds trailers ive seen on youtube and on the movies website. Its shorter and has some man singing at the end... If you know the song with him singing.. PLEASE tell me! thanks..

whoever though to put "fix you" in the commercial is genius. it fits so good it makes my stomach hurt!

Hi everyone

I've been searching the internet for days trying to find what that song could be!!

Its not from the life of david gale
nor journey to the line from hans zimmer
nor edi's sacrifice from stealth bt soundtrack

I know for a fact that NBC used that very same music in this years US open golf championship in one of their introduction. It is the same music...

Anyway, I hope someone out there knows what it is!!

Thanks

Back