Travel Channel "Be A ..."

the dud

Reaction score
does anyone know the melody thats played during the travel channel commercial in which a bunch of clips from all sorts a shows are put together. it ends with anthony bourdain lighting a lighter with the subtitle "be a traveler." thanks.

This sounds hauntingly familiar. I have been looking for this one for weeks now. I don't think it is a specially commissioned piece for this commercial only but what is it?

It sounds a little like a song called "Starseed" by Our Lady Peace, but it's off by a little bit. I'm still searching....

Well, I emailed the people at the Discovery Channel Website, and unfortunately they were unable to help me. I am trying to find out which company they contracted for that ad, and perhaps that will lead me someplace.

Anyone else have any other news about this commercial? I don't think I've ever wanted to find out the music to an ad so badly before!

Help!

does anyone know the song featured on the Travel Channel "Be A ..." commercial?

I am also very curious of this piece of music and want to know its title.

Duplicate topics merged.

darn, when i saw it had a new reply ii thought someone found it. no, i dont think so.

Yeah, I'm looking for this song too. I have no emailed The Travel Channel yet, but if anyone else does and makes headway, please keep us posted. Thanks much.

Hey m173627 -

I listened to the link you provided, anmd unforutnately, no luck on that front.

Also, it seems our friends at Discovery Communications are not that helpful either. I sent them a message about the commercial, but here is the response I received:

"Thank you for taking the time to contact Discovery Networks. We appreciate
your interest in our programming and are delighted to hear from our
viewers. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you with the information
you're requesting.

Our databases contain a lot of information, such as airdates and
information on videos that are available for sale.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

A reply to this message is not necessary. For more information about
schedules and programming check our website, www.discovery.com. If you
have any further inquiries or comments, please contact us via our webform
at http://extweb.discovery.com/ViewerRelations. Thank you again for
expressing your interest in our programming.

Sincerely,
Barbara
Viewer Relations
Discovery Networks"

So, it seems either their database of pre-written email responses doesn't contain the information, or they were too lazy to try to hunt the song down.

Anyone have any further thoughts?

- JKeats149

Darn. I cant beleive that they dont even know the song to their own commercials. Well, Ill keep looking, thanks for listening tho. (Oh and by the way, im back.)

Yeah, I got that same damn e-mail response when I e-mailed them.

I tried someone else in the company, someone in charge of Sales, and again, no luck.

As of this morning, I e-mailed Jack Hauer (sp?), who is in charge of Viewer Relations. Hopefully that will help.

Will post back with any correspondence I recieve from him!

Back