Old Navy "Fash On - Bounce"

DJEiffelT

Pro Member
Reaction score
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnizlRQ5HMQ

Today, I saw a brand new Old Navy ad and really liked the tune ...

Went to Old Navy's website, you can watch the ad - which is titled "Bounce" ...
But they don't mention (as of this moment) what the music is ...

Old Navy site

Lemme describe the tune ...

It's a rap tune ... sung by a girl that sounds like Trina or somebody on that order ...

Lyrics kinda go (and I realize it's worded for the ad, but I wonder if it's based on an existing tune or a new Old Navy creation a la the "Daddy-O" tune) ...

Lights ... Camera ... Action ...
It's time to get our fash' on ... (<-- "fash' on" is even shown on the screen as written ... and this is the main reason I think the rap song is (re)worded specifically for the ad)

The beat in the background sounds exactly like the drum and clap beat background of the rock song "Not Giving Up" by Omnisoul ...

It is NOT Remy Ma's "Lights Camera Action" ... so we can rule that out ...

Anybody have any ideas/leads?
Thanks!

B)

Last edited by a moderator:
(That's weird, did NOT see the Edit button, oh well ...)

OK, so I saw the ad a second time and was better able to listen to it ...
Dumbly, I did NOT pick up any of the other lyrics, but I was paying better attention to the background beat ...
So, I need to make a correction ...
The beat does NOT exactly sound like the beat in Omnisoul's song ... it's actually a different kind of beat (although, when I first caught the ad, the Omnisoul beat was what sprang to mind) ...

Anybody see the ad yet? What do you make of what the song is?
Thanks!

B)

Hi! I actually emailed Old Navy to ask what the song was called and who it was by, and they said it was called, "Fash On" by Fannypack. The trouble is I can't find it anywhere!

Thank you! Don't know where to find it either! But Thank you! B)

Not sure about where you could find the song, but I wanted to let you all know that the song is either written for, or changed for Old Navy. "Fash On" is a part of the new promotion that they're rolling out. I work for Old Navy and we started getting signs and stuff that say "Fash On" and, so, yeah. I like the song. I hope they put it on our CD that we play in the store.

actually, "fash' on" (a very good song, fannypack.) is a different song than what you were reffering to. the "bounce....daddy-o" haha. yeah but i always love the songs they play for old navy commercials. so poppy. =] im trying to get that song name, too. so if anyone knows THAT song title and artist, i'd be greatful. thanks!

"Clap! Shake! Jump!" by Andrea Revel & Behavior has been discussed many, many times. You can download a 2-minute version from her official site, but I'm losing hope that the full version will ever be released.

Hi guys. Fanny Pack actually did the song specifically for the ad. I know this because we - the elements - just did the second spot in the three spot 'Fash-On' campaign. It's called 'Bubble' and it starts airing Aug 13th. We did the song with a cool artist named Jessy Moss. Hope you guys dig it.
www.theelementsproductions.com
www.jessymoss.com

Wow! Thank you!

... and btw, that's really cool of you to give us ad-music nuts the heads up on an upcoming ad! I'll be on the lookout for it come 8/13!
Thanks!

B)

wasnt fannypack the one who released "cameltoe"? lol

nevertheless, i love this song.

Originally posted by Apple D00d@Aug 16 2006, 11:49 PM
wasnt fannypack the one who released "cameltoe"? lol
YES! Finally, someone else who knows that song. I loves it. Everyone else talks about that other song Fannypack did, but I'll never forget "Cameltoe". Best song ever. Haha.

Well thanks to all who posted the actual artist and song. I found this site because I originally thought it might have been by Le Tigre. If you like the song in the add, you'll probably like that band too. Maybe you already do, I dunno. Anway, I think this sites a great idea, and I'm looking forward to exploring it more and meeting it's members. Hi all.

Hey everyone! Thoughts it’s 19yrs later, the song was done by FannyPack. I actually did the vocals for this campaign. There’s no full sing. I recorded it for this ad.

Reactions: jca
Back