Song - "Getting Over You"

Larry0914

Reaction score
This song was a regional hit in my area of Oklahoma in 1973. It was sung by Julie Grafa and I believe it was written about me. Does anyone know the author of this
song? All I remember is that it came out on an obscure record label that is no longer in business.

I'm in Oklahoma. I'll try and help if I can. What area of Oklahoma? What genre is it?

It was in the Oklahoma City-Texas market. It was a pop, easy listening type of song I didn't even hear the song until the late 90s. It played on KOMA radio in Oklahoma City. Larry Neal, a former DJ from there, told me about it. I was able to obtain a copy from J F Kennedy in Oklahoma City on tape. He is now gone. Probably the only way you could find out is if you have the big book that used to be in print, naming all the publishers, authors, and singers by song titile. I do not know anyone who has one of these anymore. Wilcox Record store on NE 23 in OKC had one, but they went out of business years ago. I've had this strange feeling this song is about me because the words and the tone of the song describe what happened to me perfectly.

It was in the Oklahoma City-Texas market. It was a pop, easy listening type of song I didn't even hear the song until the late 90s. It played on KOMA radio in Oklahoma City. Larry Neal, a former DJ from there, told me about it. I was able to obtain a copy from J F Kennedy in Oklahoma City on tape. He is now gone. Probably the only way you could find out is if you have the big book that used to be in print, naming all the publishers, authors, and singers by song titile. I do not know anyone who has one of these anymore. Wilcox Record store on NE 23 in OKC had one, but they went out of business years ago. I've had this strange feeling this song is about me because the words and the tone of the song describe what happened to me perfectly.
The song was written by Mary Ann Smith on MarAnn Records. It was sung by Julie Grafa and The Gary Good Band. I have talked to all of them, after searching for them for over 40 years. The song is not about me.

Back