AstraZeneca Crestor

dmp

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed the music played on the Crestor commercials. It's kinda like an "easy listening" or "electronic jazz" tune.

If anyone would like to view the commercial, I usually see it during ABC World News with Charles Gibson (5:30 cst). The Crestor commercial features an actor as the commentator (think he plays on one of those CSI type drama series). He appears to be walking through a deserted "Crestor" corporation during the ad. A prominent point in the commercial is a scene showing him going down the escalator (symbolizing lowering bad cholestorol) and simultaneously coming up the other escalator, finshing a statement his first self had made by stating "getting your good cholestorol up".

I thought that was an excellent transition. The camera fades from the first image of the guy going down the escalator, and the same guy completes what the first guy is saying as you notice the first guy (unfocused by now) turns it over to his upward bound...self, by turning away from the camera and briskly walking down the escalator. Whew! Sorry.

I am interested in knowing if anyone can tell how to go about getting information on the music that is used in the Astra Zeneca commercials.

Thanks

Re: Astra Zeneca-Crestor Commercial

Well, it's nice to find someone else who likes the Crestor theme. I fell in love with the original theme when it first appeared. It starts out brightly, ascending in pitch and tone, but later becomes darker (voicing in lower registers) and the pitch starts descending, using minor chords more prominently. This fits, at least to some extent, with the visual imagery perceived by dmp (the previous poster.) My son and I are both musicians, and neither of us has ever heard this melody before. However, the chord progression reminds me of similar progressions in certain classical music works. If one logs onto the Crestor site, it's possible to download one of the commercials, but the downside is that you get the entire commercial, including all the advertising message. I haven't been able to figure out how to download only the music. In the meantime, every time I see and hear a new Crestor commercial (we're on at least the third different commercial), the music has been rearranged and reorchestrated, giving it a slightly different feel. I liked the original the best on an emotional basis, but I enjoy all the versions. I suppose that when I find the time, I'll do my own MIDI file by ear, and then I can mix/arrange/orchestrate it any way I like.

sounds very much like embryonic journey by Jefferson airplane, oh I'm thinking about the newer commercial with the grandmah

A recent Crestor commercial had a doctor (?) standing on a foot-bridge with a full-length mirror, discussing cholesterol as different people walked by. The music sounded an awful like the theme music to a movie I saw in the last few years. It featured a very simple melody or motive played by vibes or xylophone or the like. It had an anticipatory but not threatening mood, with a lot of silence in between the notes. I recall the movie having a more menacing tone than the soundtrack. Does anyone know what movie this music is from? Thank you!

I agree I LOVE this song. Anyone know who the artist or composer is I love new age and this is right up my ally.

Back