2 Classic Rock Songs

Alidali12

Advanced Member
Reaction score
I heard these two song on a classic rock station tonight. One I think may be ZZ Top, but it began really quite, almost made me think of Pink Flyod but it definitely wasn't, and then there was a guy screaming or making weird noises and then a long guitar solo followed by singing including the lyrics "run rabbit run" and "how you live and how you fly (die?). The other I am pretty sure is a Beatles song, I just don't know which one. Unfortunately I don't remember any of the lyrics, but there was a really interesting guitar/ maybe base riff after every line in each verse. It was really unique, unlike any Beatles song I've ever heard, but I know it was them because the DJ said something about them closing off the set. Anyways, I tried searching on the stations website and even called, but it was too late by then and there was nothing on the site. Any help would be great.

The second song is probably, "And Your Bird Can Sing", in which I believe is one of the finest ever guitar solos of all time. It was used extensively in the Beatle's cartoon series.

Thanks, but that's not it, I really like the song though ! The one I heard was literally like they sung one line and then like 4 picks with maybe a hammer on of the guitar, then the line then the pciking, etc. I wish I could remember some lyrics...

To answer your question about the possible Beatles song, I was thinking it might be "Dear Prudence" from the White Album? It starts off slow, then has a smooth bass line throughout the song.

Oh, and after reading your most recent post, the song you're describing sounds like "I Want You (She's So Heavy) off of "Abbey Road."

So, after careful review and consideration, I have discovered that the song is actually "Get Back" which is very strange because I've heard that song several times and have no idea what I was talking about with my description. At any rate, thanks for all your help and especially to Larry0914 because I REALLY like "And Your Bird Can Sing."

Back