The Fountain

Looks like you'll have to wait until a soundtrack to the film is released, b/c the music is evidentally original music from the film. Cint Mansell is the composer and also works with Mogwai for the film. (Mogwai is an unbelievably great band)

thats right about Clint Mansell (and thanks for recommending the band) but as far as the movie itself- I wouldnt hold my breath, time travel, tends to be very treacherours territory for filmmakers even for young and talented such as Darren Aronofsky. I wouldn't rule out a disspaointment. Jackman's bald head is not a good sign.

Its not about time travel:

THE FOUNTAIN spans over one thousand years, and contains three parallel stories. It is a story of love, death, spirituality, and the fragility of our existence in this world.

Hugh Jackman, Rachel Weisz, Ellen Burstyn, Sean Gullette, Sean Patrick Thomas and Donna Murphy make up the film's cast.

Jackman's epic journey begins in 16th century Spain, where conquistador Tomas Creo (Jackman) commences his search for the Tree of Life, the legendary entity believed to grant eternal life to those who drink of its sap. As modern-day scientist Tommy Creo, he desperately struggles to find a cure for the cancer that is killing his beloved wife Isabel (Weisz). Traveling through deep space as a 26th century astronaut, Tom begins to grasp the mysteries of life that have consumed him for more than a century.

yea look am pretty familiar with the film and Darren Aronofsky, and believe me when i say "time travel" (even Chronological!) has always been tough to stick in the screen. ALSO: "The Fountain" aside from the alluring time of spanish conquistadores, it's pretty much about Jackman saving his love (Rachel) and what was "The Time Machine" about, Pierce saving his love. So look am not putting down a film i havent seen, (other than the script) but it did have a rocky road to the screen (it was posponed oh how many times) lets just say Jackman did like 3 other films he was to do after 'the fountain'....we'll see.

OH AND ithrowtdz05... next time offer a rebuttle if your gonna say someone is stupid. or are you too stupid to do that!

Originally posted by tekno123@Aug 5 2006, 03:06 PM
the song is called together we will live forever, a custom track clint mansell did for the trailer, the song is available at http://www.myspace.com/mansellclint , awesome track.
THANK YOU!

This movie is going to be incredible. I already loved Hugh Jackman, Rachel Weisz, and Darren Aronofsky. With such an incredible storyline, spanning 1000 years... (that's just unheard of in the movie business). And then, this incredibly eurhythmic score to top it off......... Personally, I couldn't ask for more. Also, besides all the good acting and directing, the cinematography (the camera swing upside-down to the front with the horse + car) and the special effects (2500 cosmonaut) are just icing on the awesome cake.

I heard 1 friend of mine say they heard it was bad. Am I believing them, or giving up hope? No.

Playboy Magazine calls it "An epic mindblower that's breathtaking." I like that phrasing.

A little gushy? Yeah, I can't wait!

i actually bought "Together We Will Live Forever" off Itunes and it's not the music from the trailer. Does anyone know which songs were used to peice together the music for the trailer?

Yeah the song is called "Trailer" and its not included on the soundtrack but Clint Mansell did post on his blog as the other user linked that he would loved to get the other music made available in some form as remix CD or something.

what is the name of the song or songs in the trailer?

the portion that caught my ear started around the quote:

our bodies are prisons, for our souls

Hey what about part where you hear like a guitar playing right after it say 2000 A.D. or something?

Back