2006 Cadillac DTS

Castle_Romeo

Advanced Member
Reaction score
What's the name/artist of the song in the Cadillac DTS car commercial. The song has an industrial rock flavor. This is a very recent commercial.

Thanks in Advance

I called Cadillac and the lady I talked to couldn't find out what it was. This sucks! I want to know!

Why don't you call the advertising agency for Cadillac? It's called Modernista! and is based out of Boston.

I haven't seen the spots so I can't help.

M! It's a weird site, click on CONTACT US, and general inquiries from the Boston office.

is it the ad w/ the Explosions in the Sky music First Breath after a Coma ???

nah, that definitely wasn't explosions in the sky.. it was too techno

I want to know what it is too.

I think this commercial is about some guy with salt and pepper hair moving from one place to another, and I remember the tagline being something like "Enjoy the ride" or "Enjoy your ride"... if that helps anyone find it...

Thanks BUT that isn't the song. REMEMBER, the commercial is for the Cadillac DTS and is NOT the one with the college band playing. It is the other commercial that has the techno song playing. The song in question almost sounds like it was recorded by Numeriklab although I'm not sure. It is a catchy techno song with a good beat. This song was specific to the DTS commercial.

I just saw the commercial tonight and it seems that this commercial with the techno song is exclusive to nthe Chicago area. The commercial ends with "See your local Chicagoland Cadillac dealer..."

Anyone here from Chicago recognize the song used in this commercial?

I know there's been quite a few topics regarding the Cadillac DTS commercial's, but this song is not a "techno" song, nor is it Explosions In The Sky's "Your Hand In Mine", rather, it's U2-sounding, and shows an older businessman walking around. The commercial closes with the text "Enjoy Your Ride"... any ideas? Thanks a ton.

The song is by a band called "Explosions In The Sky" from the "Friday Night Lights Soundtrack". This is the music for the commercial interjection of the middle acoustic arrangment in both DTS commercials. 11 of the 14 soundtrack songs are by this band; in addition, 11 of the songs are different names but encompass the same mid sound theme to that of BOTH the most present Cadillac DTS commercials (one with the gentalmens retirement, and the DTS Cadillac logo). 91.5 plays uses this theme in there radio break music as well. Sample the music at:

Hope this helps.

Again, That's NOT the song I'm talking about. The song I'm referring to that was used in the commercial has a techno sound. Is Explosions in The Sky techno? NO they are NOT. If ANYONE has a hint of who does the TECHNO-SOUNDING SONG in the Cadillac DTS commercial please post it here.

Thanks In Advance.

If that is the commercial with the older gentlemen leaving his one job and going to a new job, then that is also an Explosions in the Sky track. Am I talking about the right commercial?

Yes, that is also by Explosions in the Sky.

The track is "Your Hand in Mine" off the album The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place.

Label: Temporary Residence Ltd.

This is in reference to the recent Cadillac ads (end of 2006, early 2007). The ad shows various Cadillac models over the past 100 years or so and takes place in the desert. It ends with the "Life, Liberty, ...." tagline and the song does not have much dialogue. The song is "Teddy Bears - Punk Rocker"... Modernista is doing the new ads (also do Hummer's campaign) and I just called up and asked. I'm pretty shocked it was that easy to find out.

I just downloaded the song Punk Rocker and, again, IT IS NOT IT. Techno means techno not teddybears.

I just said that Punk Rocker is NOT it. The commercial was aired here in the Chicago area and was for the Cadillac DTS. The commercial ended with "See you Chicagoland Cadillac Dealer....." The song is a TECHNO song.

and the ad with the techno song is definitely NOT on the Cadillac Web Page, nor Youtube.

Back