Mac Or PC

Do you have a Mac or a PC?

• Mac

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PC

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Originally posted by andy+Jul 21 2006, 11:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (andy @ Jul 21 2006, 11:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dascoot@Jul 21 2006, 11:26 PM
Go to hell, dickbag.
How about I shit on your chest? [/b][/quote]
It ain't Christmas and this ain't your gramma's house.

I have a mac, and lurve it, and wouldn't get anything else except for doing web testing, or perhaps some gaming.. it all depends what you're using it for. I'm a designer so it makes more sense, but if you're just using word and the internet, i'd stick with pc

Shut up Anthony. Pc and macs are basically equal in every way except for gaming, pc wins there. You can be a "designer" on a pc or a mac, they are the same. I prefer pc's because they have more compatibilty with software, its easier to find drivers for pc, gaming is non existent on a mac, and pc's are easily upgradable. I'm sick and tired of stupid coffee drinking hipsters saying macs are better than pc's, its bullshit. I dont hate macs at all, they are fine they just aren't better than pc's. I go to a really good design school, we use macs and pc's and if you ask any of my teachers who have been in the business for many years they will tell you it doesnt matter what you use because they both use the same software.

Always PCs for me. I had a Mac laptop and we always had Macs at school and I absolutely detest them.

Originally posted by Bloodlessr@Jul 22 2006, 03:13 PM
Shut up Anthony. Pc and macs are basically equal in every way except for gaming, pc wins there. You can be a "designer" on a pc or a mac, they are the same. I prefer pc's because they have more compatibilty with software, its easier to find drivers for pc, gaming is non existent on a mac, and pc's are easily upgradable. I'm sick and tired of stupid coffee drinking hipsters saying macs are better than pc's, its bullshit. I dont hate macs at all, they are fine they just aren't better than pc's. I go to a really good design school, we use macs and pc's and if you ask any of my teachers who have been in the business for many years they will tell you it doesnt matter what you use because they both use the same software.
I love you.

Well.. what he could do is purchase a intel-based mac, and soon he could run both windows and mac os x, natively on his mac, just like it was on a pc. if you do run windows (even on a mac) you could still get all of the viruses and whatnot, but if you maintain it, it shouldn't be too much of a problem, and besides most people don't have to deal with that anyway. If you decided you like mac os x better you could switch over.. but like i said, it's all what you use it for. Macs tend to display colors quite a bit brighter and truer than on a pc, but like garret said, you could still use photoshop and quite a few other mainstream programs on the pc, and still be a kickass designer. Personally I think it's a bit smarter to use a mac if you're a creative, because.. that's pretty much what they were designed for.

Here's a link that might interest you Ballz Mahoney

link

It's still in beta right now, but it should be available for a full release with the upcoming operating system (which i believe should be coming out late 2006, early 2007), so if you can wait a little bit it might be worth the time, otherwise if you're intending to go into a non-creative field pc's usually do much better as far as software's concerned (and are a bit cheaper as well)

there's no option for "both" in this poll...i have/use both and i'm happy. although i have to say, the display on macs are more aesthetically pleasing to me.

but test out both and see what you like better, since you're going to be the one who's using it. if you get something, it's best to get whatever you're going to be the happiest with.

I've never wanted to kill people more than I do right now...

Originally posted by AmelieMellow@Jul 22 2006, 06:18 PM
there's no option for "both" in this poll...i have/use both and i'm happy. although i have to say, the display on macs are more aesthetically pleasing to me.

but test out both and see what you like better, since you're going to be the one who's using it. if you get something, it's best to get whatever you're going to be the happiest with.
well im talking about what you have right now

linux...

most def linux... I'm a *nix geek, so I believe that you can do anything you can do w/ windows XP or Mac OSX on Linux...

Well... that's just my opinion... it all really matters on what you want to do with your computer

If you want gaming, stick w/ a "PC", if you want more artsy things... stick w/ a Mac... You can do both w/ both... but theyre easier to do on their perspective computer

Originally posted by Ballz Mahoney+Jul 23 2006, 01:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ballz Mahoney @ Jul 23 2006, 01:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-AmelieMellow@Jul 22 2006, 06:18 PM

well im talking about what you have right now [/b][/quote]
yeah, i said i have both...

get a mac if you want a sticker to go on your car. haha

Back