Is "Subway" A Weird Cult?

cultclassic

Pro Member
Reaction score
I'm talking about Subway, the sandwich place...Somebody please help me:

Everybody I know makes sandwich this way: Spread mayo+mustard on the bread first, before putting on anything else..

But not Subway. They squirt it in the end, over the veggies, so that it forms a moustache on you face. :huh: So I ask the lady today, can you put mayo and honey mustard first please? And she's like "yeah, yeah, what kinda cheese?" I say provolone, and she puts the provolone and the meat...and asks me "what veggies?" Again I say, "mustard and mayo, please..." She says "Yeah, Yeah, what veggies?" I had to say, "Lady, I'm telling you to PUT the MAYO AND MUSTARD FIRST!!!!" Then she excreted it all over the meat... "On the BREAD...ON THE BREAD!!!"

This is not the first time... I do understand production lines... At subway the mayo and other condiments are at the end, so on a crowded day she may not want to break the sequence. But today I was the only customer...Is there something you guys know that I don't know? Is putting mayo on the bread against any religion?

PS:
Publix's Boar's Head Roast Beef or Italian sandwich beats *all of* Subway's sandwiches, combined! :angry:c

Eh, the only thing I can think of is that if you don't eat the sandwich right away, the mayo and mustard makes the bread soggy... :unsure:

:angry: But it's my sandwich! MY... SANDWICH!!!... :p
How are you Erin? :)

You should just tell them you have a special request right up front before they even start... :)

I'm good. I'm soooo tired from work. Let's say mentally-taxed. And how is you, besides the sandwich problem? :lol:

Originally posted by sketchyrx@Jul 7 2006, 01:20 AM
You should just tell them you have a special request right up front before they even start... :)

I'm good. I'm soooo tired from work. Let's say mentally-taxed. And how is you, besides the sandwich problem? :lol:
I'm tired too.. But I'll survive from the sandwich crisis, I hope... :p
Please try this at your local subway, and let me know

Just for you, tomorrow, if I remember, I WILL go and ask them to do this...and then report my findings. :D

I think they're just lazy cuz in every store I've been, the mayo/mustard/etc. is at the end of the stand. :ph34r:

It's like you said, the production line effect. They teach em to do it a certain way every time so that ya develop muscle memory and can crank em out really fast. But if you were the only one there and she still wouldn't do it then she was retarded. Even if there was a huge line, they're supposed to give you whatever you ask for.

If I was to guess, I'd say the condiments go on last so it doesn't make a mess when you layer stuff on top of it. Plus now they toast em too, and you don't want your mayo heated. Ickers.

Fun fact: Subway's corporate offices forbid the stores to have tip jars. If you see one, don't feel guilty about not dropping something in. Course the rules mighta changed but I doubt it.

Go back in time about 8 years and get thee to the Subway on 50 right outside of downtown Orlando, I'll put your mayo on first. ;) Ask for Melissa, I'll be the tall chick breaking the cash register.

Originally posted by dascoot@Jul 7 2006, 03:19 AM
Ask for Melissa, I'll be the tall chick breaking the cash register.
:lol: :lol: :woo:

Originally posted by leone+Jul 7 2006, 11:31 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (leone @ Jul 7 2006, 11:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dascoot@Jul 7 2006, 03:19 AM
Ask for Melissa, I'll be the tall chick breaking the cash register.
:lol: :lol: :woo: [/b][/quote]
No sandwich for me... I'll have that tasty dish at the cash register to go please... :)

Okayyyy, but that dish smells like pickles and has a halo of frizz from the mufugly visor she has to wear.

Oh so I went to Subway and there was nobody in line and I asked for the mayo first and she was so nice. And there was a tip cup and I was gonna give her a dollar for doing that for me until I realized I was about to give a $10 tip... <_< So I didn't ...I'll get her next time though. :p

Originally posted by sketchyrx@Jul 8 2006, 12:10 AM
Oh so I went to Subway and there was nobody in line and I asked for the mayo first and she was so nice. And there was a tip cup and I was gonna give her a dollar for doing that for me until I realized I was about to give a $10 tip... <_< So I didn't ...I'll get her next time though. :p
:eek: You actually did that? :) Agent M, Agent L, We have a new recruit! B)

She actually put the mayo on the bread?

She actually did it! And I just asked nicely and that was it. So where do the new recruits go for undercover training?

Originally posted by sketchyrx@Jul 8 2006, 01:03 AM
She actually did it! And I just asked nicely and that was it. So where do the new recruits go for undercover training?
It's called nocover training... :naughty:

Is this considered the 'hazing' portion of training? :lol:

I'm sorry sir, your 'credentials' don't 'measure up'.... :ph34r:

You're the one we're hazing here!

Besides, my cock is quite qualified!

Back