VW Volkswagen "The Birds and the Bees"

phoenix42

Reaction score
VW Volkswagen "The Birds and the Bees"

help! i have only managed to see the commercial once and loved the song (and the car) but cannot track it down! the lyrics are something to do with "a sign from about that shows that we're in love" and the song sounds very much like the squirrel nut zippers (though they seem to have broken up some time ago). in any case, this is making me crazy! anyone know the song?

Yeah, that same song was used in a UK ad for Gordon's Gin a couple of years ago.

oh my god! thank you soooo much - this is such a load off! thanks!!!

I've seen this commercial for the past couple of days so I assumed someone would have asked about it by now, but I searched and couldn't find it..but it is a new commercial (at least to me) and it is kind of a weird poppy song with a violin and a man singing something about "the birds and the bees" and it shows a bunch of VW's driving around parks and a city, they are hatchbacks and i am pretty sure that they are golfs, near the end of the commercial it shows a picture of a metal bunny that looks like the chrome symbols stuck on the back of most cars, that type of style...hopefully someone will know the answer
thanks in advance

That's a song called "The Birds And The Bees". It was recorded by Jewel Akens in 1965 and Dean Martin in 1966. Is this it?

The car was called a Rabbit hence the little metal bunny. The rabbit was a popular car that came out in the 70's and it looks like VW brought it back.

It's got like a whole bunch of Volkswagen Beetles driving around together, like 30+ all in unison, and the music is sort of jazzy, very 'hip'...

The lyrics go like this:

The birds and the bees..
are flyin' in the trees....
{dunno this part}
{or this one}
It's a sign from above,
that shows that we're in love...

Anyone? Anyone?

This is the second commercial in the space of 3-4 months to use Patrick & Eugene's "The Birds and the Bees" (Pop Mix)- The previous was the Payless Shoe ad I helped answer.

d.m.f.

Hi everyone. does anyone know who wrote the music for the Volkswagon commercial where all of those coupes are like... playing in the street? the music's awesome, and i'd love to own it.

Thanks,

Tony

im glad i found this song too, its been driving me crazy - one of the coolest car commercials in a while too!

Originally posted by naeon@Jul 1 2006, 01:48 PM
The lyrics go like this:

The birds and the bees..
are flyin' in the trees....
{dunno this part}
{or this one}
It's a sign from above,
that shows that we're in love...
Correct lyrics- all 8 lines, single verse, repeated:

The Birds and the Bees
Are flying in the trees
The sun's in the sky
Just for you and I
The sky's perfect blue
No cloud could spoil the view
It's a sign from above
That shows that we're in love

"Te Birds and the Bees", Patrick & Eugene. :)

FWIW, there's now something like 6 threads going on about this particular VW Rabbit commercial, perhaps they azll should be merged?

d.m.f.

It has the different VW cars driving around they are white and black and the guy singing it sounds like old fashioned and it mentions the birds and bees and something you and i and stuff... if anybody knows you'd kick ass in my book!

I know it's kind of a stupid song, but I want it anyway.

It's the song that plays on the new Volks Wagon commercial. The lyrics talk about the "birds and the bees".

anyone know the song in a volkswagon commercial that features all volkswagons? theres a scene where its full of it and they are stuck. words in the song include trees, bees, you and me, etc (can't remeber most of it).

anyone know the volkwagon commercial song? it has a bird, lyric- it's a sign from above, and a scene with a lot of VW cars stuck in a street light.

Back