VW Volkswagen Cabrio "Moonlight" drive

Bilbo

Reaction score
VW Volkswagen Cabrio "Moonlight" drive

Does anyone out there remember this song? In the commercial, there are two teenage or college aged couples riding in this convertable Volkswagon at night. There was a beautiful blonde in the front who the camera focuses on and a beautiful black girl in the back. The four of them are driving down a road at night to a party. The house has Christmas lights around it. They enjoy the ride so much that they turn around and drive off as soon as they get to the house party. The camera then tilts up to the stars. The song played was song by a Native American in his own language and was very folksy/rootsy. I heard the whole album played one night on an alternative station in Houston. Beautiful music. The DJ wouldn't answer the phone so I couldn't find out who the performer was. The commercial came out a couple of years ago. Can anyone tell me who the artist is?

I'm looking for a song from a very old commercial...like 4 years ago. All I remember from the commercial is reverse rain and a guy with an umbrella walking, all in slow-motion. I think it might be a Lexus or an Infiniti commercial. The song starts out with reverse orchestra almost like the orchestra melody in Madonna's "Tell Me" then a soft beat kicks in along with piano twinkles.

The another song definitely comes from a car commercial...Volkswagen I believe. Old commerical that view two teens driving a car through the woods at night to a party. The song is only a guitar with a man singing softly sounding like John Mayer and it goes "dum dum dum"...something like that.

I have been searching for these songs for 3 days now sacrificing about 4 hours of my sleep trying to find them on the web...No luck :( Songs have been on my mind about 4 or 5 years now...please help! I would appreciate it so much...Thanx! :)

I believe the second one you're looking for is Nick Drake - Pink Moon, but I don't know about the other..

i'm sure its been asked before and i searched your archives but i can't find it. anyway

its the song in a car commercial from a year or so ago i think and its got 3 people (two guys and a girl) in a convertable and they're driving at night and i think they go over a bridge and there might be fireflys and they end up at the party.. i don't know how to describe the song other than it was maybe a bit folky... i can't remember the car either... i'm of little use but please help

That sounds like the old Volkswagon commercial. The song is Pink Moon by Nick Drake.

You're welcome. It's a cool little song. Pretty nice commercial too. It didn't make me want a VW but it did make me want friends. Good stuff.

Originally posted by Mr. Awesome@Mar 6 2004, 01:18 AM
It didn't make me want a VW but it did make me want friends. Good stuff.
best post ever

There was a VW commercial a LONG time ago for a Cabrio, where a guy is driving his friends through the country to a party. When they get there, they all look at eachother and they back out and continue to drive. Anyway, in the background a folky sort of song, with a male singer was playing. Does anyone know the name of the song?

:D Thank you, thank you, thank you! I've been meaning to do research about that song for the longest time but I kept forgetting! Anyway, now the mystery is over...

Anytime. ;) I just had to find out the hard way. :lol:

I don't live in Germany so I spell it the way it's spelled here. ;) It's just practical. :p

The way it's spelled here? I drive a Volkswagen and I could have sworn we use the same spelling as the Germans. Maybe my car is just a freakmobile? haha!

Back