Futurama

:lol: Yeah, I still watch the re-runs on cable from time to time...

I love Futurama. It broke my heart when Fox cancelled this series. :cry:

But now that we are getting new episodes..... :)

I don't have cable!! Grrr!

I'm sure hoping it shows up on iTunes (assuming iTunes still works the same way in 2008). If not, then I hope for DVD(s) that are prompt and reasonably priced. If they don't even have that, I might have to start looking for... other methods...

For the most part, I no longer engage in piracy - but some things just aren't available through any other channel, no matter how much you are willing to pay.

(Since this topic is going down the drain anyway...)

dascoot, are you really a synaesthesiac? There is a Bobs song called Synaesthesia, and I find this condition to be rather interesting. If I understand correctly, it involves automatically perceiving colors are being associated with certain letters and/or musical notes - like whenever you see an "a," you think of it as being green, even if it isn't really, for example.

That's one example, sure. It's any time your senses get mixed up. Like, a few weeks ago I heard something outside - don't remember what it was now, maybe a car engine or something - and when I heard it I tasted spaghetti sauce. The other day a friend showed me a picture he drew in Illustrator and it smelled like distilled water. Numbers and letters have genders and colors, like 7 is red and a male.

:rolleyes: :lol:

Oh and ps, this thread's not going down the drain, we're just working our ADD magic on it. You'll get used to it. ;)

Originally posted by dascoot@Jul 2 2006, 03:28 PM
Numbers and letters have genders and colors, like 7 is red and a male.
As far as this ^ goes, I'd have a hard time explaining what I mean by "7 is red" because my eyes don't see it as red, my eyes see it as black because it IS black in this particular case. It's more like, if the occasion arrises for me to think of the number for whatever reason, when I picture it in my head it's red.

And vice versa, when I see the color red, I think "7". Like I made up a grocery list for my husband once and I meant to write down that I wanted the product in the red box and I wrote "the ones in the 7 box" and he had to call me from the store like "The HELL does that mean??"

Artist: The Bobs
Song: Synaesthesia

As a baby in my mother's arms
She would croon and I'd see pink
And when she'd bathe me in the sink
The radio would play red or green or lavender
When the Beatles sing it's a yellow thing
Yeah, the Stones are always purple
Every melody that I hear
Fills my mind with colors bright and beautiful

SYNAESTHESIA
If everyone could see the things that I hear
SYNAESTHESIA
A giant box of Crayolas in my ear

With my new CD I'm in ecstasy
I can see beyond the rainbow
Heavy metal is ultraviolet
It's unhealthy but I love that copper tone glow

SYNAESTHESIA
SYNAESTHESIA
A giant box of Crayolas in my ear

But when I leave my home, it's a dangerous thing
Cause people will whistle, and people will sing
I can't see straight in the shopping mall
Cause music's playin' wall to wall
And the boom-boom cars make me see stars
I never, never, never, never go to bars
The jukebox makes the girls turn green
Nobody knows the things I've seen
(nobody knows the things he's seen)

After a long hard day, I need to see some grey
Or at least some muted earth tones
A new-age dulcet dulcimer
Some whales, a bamboo flute, a rainforest -- But
please, no saxophones.

SYNAESTHESIA
SYNAESTHESIA
A giant box of Crayolas in my ear -- stuck in my ear

(iTunes)

In terms of the melody, it's actually not my favorite Bobs song, although it's all right. You might want to check out the title track from the same album for something with a bit more "pep," although if you have no interest in a cappella whatsoever, you probably still won't like it. :)

Back