Anyone like film noir or neo-noir?

Originally posted by The Lost Boy@Jun 23 2006, 01:11 AM
Good stuff.
Agreed.

Just watched The Maltese Falcon last week. :)

Originally posted by leone+Jun 23 2006, 01:32 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (leone @ Jun 23 2006, 01:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-The Lost Boy@Jun 23 2006, 01:11 AM
Good stuff.
Agreed.

Just watched The Maltese Falcon last week. :) [/b][/quote]
Never cared too much for noir. Too stylized, too mechanical, like robots programmed to make wise remarks in orchestrated settings ..... I don't get Humphrey Bogart.

So how you been doing Brandon? B)

That's actually why I like it so much. :lol: The stylistic nature of it brings out this certain moodiness and the reality of the cold and unforgiving urban setting. Also keep in mind that I'm a cynical SOB so that might explain my fondness for it. :p

Originally posted by leone@Jun 23 2006, 02:20 AM
That's actually why I like it so much. :lol: The stylistic nature of it brings out this certain moodiness and the reality of the cold and unforgiving urban setting. Also keep in mind that I'm a cynical SOB so that might explain my fondness for it. :p
Dames! *shakes head* Wanna go to a Gin Joint shweetheart?

When you're slapped, you'll take it and you'll like it. :naughty:

Originally posted by leone@Jun 22 2006, 10:20 PM
Same here, especially the cynical SOB part—well, that, and the fact that I'm morally ambigous. :D And I just saw Double Indemnity the other night. B)

Originally posted by cultclassic+Jun 22 2006, 09:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cultclassic @ Jun 22 2006, 09:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by leone@Jun 23 2006, 01:32 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-The Lost Boy
@Jun 23 2006, 01:11 AM
Good stuff.

Agreed.

Just watched The Maltese Falcon last week. :)
Never cared too much for noir. Too stylized, too mechanical, like robots programmed to make wise remarks in orchestrated settings ..... I don't get Humphrey Bogart.

So how you been doing Brandon? B)[/b][/quote]
I'm doing fine, Ravi. Trying to avoid the swelltering heat as much as possible.
What's good down there?

Not even neo-noir like, L.A. Confidential maybe even Sin City or Chinatown?

Originally posted by sketchyrx+Jun 23 2006, 02:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sketchyrx @ Jun 23 2006, 02:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-The Lost Boy@Jun 23 2006, 03:16 PM
L.A. Confidential
:wub: That's in my top 10 favorite movies... [/b][/quote]
It's even more brilliant the second time you watch it in its entirety.
Definitely one of my top ten favorites...my copy has been in Covina at a friend's house since...4th of July 2005. Dammit.

Originally posted by dascoot@Jun 22 2006, 09:17 PM
Erm hi there, prodigal son.
Now how you be, dood?

I have a new cat. Do you think he should type something?

Originally posted by The Lost Boy@Jun 23 2006, 06:16 PM
I'm doing fine, Ravi. Trying to avoid the swelltering heat as much as possible.
What's good down there?

Not even neo-noir like, L.A. Confidential maybe even Sin City or Chinatown?
What's good here? HURRICANES!!!

I liked L.A Confidential. Kevin Spacey character's death scene alone is worth the ticket price! B)

Chinatown is not noir, atleast for me... It kinda transcends genre, you know!

Haven't seen Sin City it, because I put a 110 minute cap on all the movies I'm allowed to see. Senator Leone from NJ has been lobbying heavily against that...

Originally posted by cultclassic@Jun 23 2006, 11:56 PM
Haven't seen Sin City it, because I put a 110 minute cap on all the movies I'm allowed to see. Senator Leone from NJ has been lobbying heavily against that...
Jersey? *load shotgun*

Back