Site response

cultclassic

Pro Member
Reaction score
A lot of times a page takes a long time to load because these servers are slow:

www.yecml.net
www368.pair.com

Very noticable at the login page, because firefox won't fill in the username and password till the whole page is loaded. Recently I have had to reload again and again... Anybody else had the same problem?

Yes, I'm having this problem right now...I've had to reload twice already... <_<

Well, I'll look into other servers causing slow-downs. Are you having to login to the forums that much? (You don't leave "Remember Me" checked at the login screen?)

Originally posted by cultclassic@May 26 2006, 12:16 AM
A lot of times a page takes a long time to load because these servers are slow:

www368.pair.com
I've been getting ^that a lot in the last week or so but not today.

Except I usually get it when I click the "View Last Post" button.

Originally posted by jca@May 26 2006, 12:18 AM
Well, I'll look into other servers causing slow-downs. Are you having to login to the forums that much? (You don't leave "Remember Me" checked at the login screen?)
I always leave that checked, but it never has any effect. I assumed it to be a firefox quirk... or something to do with my security settings.

I also have to log in every time I come here, even though I try to use the option to stay logged in. I am using Safari on Mac OS X 10.4.6.

I have not noticed the delays described above though.

FireFox user. No login problems here (I have Remember Me checked).

Originally posted by kai_joshu@May 30 2006, 11:43 AM
FireFox user. No login problems here (I have Remember Me checked).
I think that was one of the problems though. That they have that checked but they still have to log in. I think my password rememberer thingy is also on too with firefox, so maybe that's why mine is working fine.

Right, I have "Remember Me" selected, and I still have to log in every time. The Remember Me feature is part of the site and is cookie-based. It is separate from Safari's AutoFill feature (which works correctly with this site).

Are you using firefox when it makes you sign back in? The reason I ask is you might check under tools/options/cookies and check the keep cookies option to make sure it's not set on "until I close firefox" because that will clear them each time you close the browser.

It may not be the problem but just a thought. *shrugs* :)

Er... no, I'm using Safari. I'm not doing anything that would cause cookies to be cleared - in fact, I just checked and I have seven from this site.

I use several forums, and the others don't have this problem.

Back