Your chance to rip into me.

ActuarialMadness

Veteran Member
Reaction score
So it appears I've not made a good name for myself during my limited exposure to this message board. I imagine the majority of you find me arrogant, garrulous to the point of annoyance, haughty, full of conceit, etc. I assure you I am not without great faults and flaws. To humble myself before you, I will now post a verbose, stream of consciousness diatribe about my sorry, pathetic life. Feel free to shit on me and rip me apart.

I let the last 8 years of my life flash through my mind and stop in puzzlement as it becomes apparent that change has altered me to the point of forming near separate identities. Of course we will naturally mature as we age but I have turned into what I always despised. This change is not simply about growing up. It's becoming calloused, unemotional, uncaring and selfish.

I was in the crowded club starting to feel the intoxication flow through my body and I could not take my eyes off her. I had already ripped off her tight clingy tank top and perfect curve fitting jeans in my mind. I was already on top of her, engaged in passionate animalistic intercourse. Yet I had a girl with me already. And yet another one 5 miles away sulking in tears and fuming with rage. Now I have a girl on my couch asleep. A friend from HS who's always been a friend. One of the few exceptions to the rule. She brought her own pillow case which annoys me. I went home with the girl from the club and had my way with her but it was a fallback and my mind was elsewhere.

What is satisfaction? Is it getting what you want , but the very instant it's yours having it taken right away again? That perpetual state of longing, then relief, longing relief , repeated interminably. I used to be an arrogant bastard in that I believed I was above our stereotypes. I would never be that asshole who thinks with his dick and lets the objects enter and leave his life on a whim, but now I've become him. I am the average monster who you always seem to fall for.

It didn't have to be this way though. I could have made a choice but I let my greed and revolting desire to hoard pleasure from as many sources as possible drive my actions. I was in love once. Real, mushy, head over heels love. I was ready to give myself completely to someone. The thought of being with anyone else was like soaking my body in gasoline and throwing a match. I had everything I could ever want. Maybe it was an illusion and you can equate it to the innate immaturity associated with a 21 year old virgin, longing to replace the love, security and trust that was ripped out of his heart 3 years ago. No, you're wrong if that's what you think. I'm talking the kind of love that can never be replaced and is only from one person... I'll never be able to answer that question. All I know is how I've changed from that state. Whether or not the beginning was artificial is moot. I have caused people immense pain and for that I deserve punishment.

But is the pain I've caused and received part of being human. Is it natural and normal? I still believe I'm a good person at heart. Sometimes though self interest causes others pain and the internal conflict must shift to one side. I had 2 girlfriends but we'll call them one since they were essentially the same. Once they left me for God, I was broken for about 7 months. I still am broken but I've found ways to <unhealthily> replace what I've lost. Can't keep my eyes open anymore....thank to anyone who reads this. Feel free to laud or destroy me.

I so was not going to read this but I had to. It was so long. I figured something had to happen to you to be so angry and narrow-minded about the world. I used to be really angry too. Then I got fired and I realized that everything I was doing was not helping at all. It sounds so simplistic but I let it go. I don't feel entitled to anything but I am worth something. And so are you. It will get better. You have to give it time and have patience.

I already punched you in the nose, so we're even. ;)

I don't hate you, or anyone for that matter, you just came off very strongly and some of the things you said annoyed me to the fullest. But, I'm over that, my anger was the last thing on my mind thirty minutes later or so. So, fresh start! :woo:

:) Hurlo, I'm Corean, I'm a supervisor at a local theater, and I start school for Graphic Design fall semester. I'm a total art/music freak and I'm addicted to Smallville and Grey's Anatomy.

Onward:

it takes some courage to say what you said, specially when you could have just kept silent taking the easy way

what happened in that other thread was simply a discussion that went a bit too far. you said your opinion, others said theirs. basic elements of a discussin no?

i can tell you that there are wonderful people here and that they are open to what someone thinks. just cuz things went a bit weird on one matter doesnt mean we all hate you.

(btw mel i was thinking Gene...Gene's a nice name)

Originally posted by sketchyrx@May 20 2006, 09:58 PM
I so was not going to read this but I had to. It was so long. I figured something had to happen to you to be so angry and narrow-minded about the world. I used to be really angry too. Then I got fired and I realized that everything I was doing was not helping at all. It sounds so simplistic but I let it go. I don't feel entitled to anything but I am worth something. And so are you. It will get better. You have to give it time and have patience.
The roots of my anger cannot be easily explained. I don't like playing 1 card and blaming my actions on the past. When one goes through extreme tragedy, they can let it destroy them, strengthen them, or bizarrely and maybe more commonly simultaneously accomplish both.

It's hard to let go when the source is central to your life. It's also hard to let go when the solution is more fuel for your rage. It's funny because some of my problems I'm sure everyone of you can relate to, yet others I'd be shocked to find more than a few people in this entire world who could truly understand. That's not a display of arrogance either. It's reflective of empirical, factual history. Thank you for reading the entire post.

Originally posted by Caren H@May 20 2006, 10:42 PM
I already punched you in the nose, so we're even. ;)

I don't hate you, or anyone for that matter, you just came off very strongly and some of the things you said annoyed me to the fullest. But, I'm over that, my anger was the last thing on my mind thirty minutes later or so. So, fresh start! :woo:

:) Hurlo, I'm Corean, I'm a supervisor at a local theater, and I start school for Graphic Design fall semester. I'm a total art/music freak and I'm addicted to Smallville and Grey's Anatomy.

Onward:
Hi Corean. I've been punched before, although not in the face, and probably deserved it so I take your blow with humble acceptance. Thanks for introducing yourself.

Originally posted by dascoot@May 21 2006, 03:25 AM
Why do I want to call you Luke? Is your name Luke?
Why would you think that's my name? Strange...you can call me Luke if you like. I like that better than Gene or Heston. You can call me James too.

Originally posted by Scythe@May 21 2006, 03:39 AM
it takes some courage to say what you said, specially when you could have just kept silent taking the easy way

what happened in that other thread was simply a discussion that went a bit too far. you said your opinion, others said theirs. basic elements of a discussin no?

i can tell you that there are wonderful people here and that they are open to what someone thinks. just cuz things went a bit weird on one matter doesnt mean we all hate you.

(btw mel i was thinking Gene...Gene's a nice name)
Thanks for the explanation. I'll try to be less abrassive in the future. My intent is certainly not to hurt and/or offend anyone.

Originally posted by ActuarialMadness+May 21 2006, 10:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ActuarialMadness @ May 21 2006, 10:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dascoot@May 21 2006, 03:25 AM
Why would you think that's my name? Strange...you can call me Luke if you like. I like that better than Gene or Heston. You can call me James too. [/b][/quote]
Can I call you James cause that's your name, or cause you like the name? Cause if we're just makin shit up, I'm kinda partial to Bosco. :)

Thanks for sharing that. I hope I didn't come off too harsh either. We do have a great group of people here. Stick around and get to know us. We have a lot of fun and enjoy the company of each other. :)

Originally posted by dascoot@May 22 2006, 11:00 AM
Can I call you James cause that's your name, or cause you like the name? Cause if we're just makin shit up, I'm kinda partial to Bosco. :)
I say no to Bosco. It sounds like a dog... :lol:

Originally posted by dascoot+May 22 2006, 07:00 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dascoot @ May 22 2006, 07:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by ActuarialMadness@May 21 2006, 10:25 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-dascoot
@May 21 2006, 03:25 AM

Why would you think that's my name? Strange...you can call me Luke if you like. I like that better than Gene or Heston. You can call me James too.
Can I call you James cause that's your name, or cause you like the name? Cause if we're just makin shit up, I'm kinda partial to Bosco. :) [/b][/quote]
I like the name James as it's the first name of my favorite poet. You were closer on your first guess. I just want to know how?

Back