Philip glass?

staples

All-Star Member
Reaction score
I really need songs that are philip glass-esque for a movie that i will be music director for. I would prefer if they were royalty free, or classical i.e. composer is dead and long gone... (i'd gladly pay for the rights for them)...

thanks,
staples

Ah... I was going to recommend Steve Reich's "The Four Sections"... but I think he's still alive, haha.

Well I wikipedia-ed him and it says he admires Debussy, Bach, Perotin, and Stravinsky...

Debussy's "Clair de Lune" sounds pretty Phillip Glass-esque to me, but it's so overused once you recognize it. Maybe you can look through more of Debussy's music.

Another one I like is "Trois Gymnopedie" by Erik Satie... I think I heard it in Disney's Fantasia or something?

Here's a wikipedia article on minimalist music with a list of more classical composers somewhere: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimalist_music

thanks all... but i may have issues with finding what I need 100%...

I suggest James Newton Howard. You'll pay big though. Brian Keane does work for HBO Sports Documentaries specifically the Reverse the Curse and Mickey Mantle docs. Love that music. Piano/violin. :heart:

Back