Honda Ridgeline Yosemite Sam

OBimmerWan

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Need help with a song from the Honda Ridgeline Super Bowl commercial. Basically, the commercial starts with the figure of a sexy woman that's on a truck's mudflap which suddenly springs to life, leaves the confines of said mudflap and walks over to the passenger seat of the new Honda Ridgeline where Yosemite Sam sits waiting for her in the driver's seat.

The name of the tune that plays in the background when this woman is walking to the Ridgeline is what I need help with.

The lyrics go like this:

"Everytime you monkey chime, you take my breath away/
Everytime you move like that, I gotta get down and pray."

The song has a nice beat and a pretty good guitar. If I had to characterize it, it's like The Kinks meets Moby.

Anyways, if any of you saw the commercial and know this song, then please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

I think I found it ...

Yay! WooHoo!

(Thank God you were able to catch some lyrics ...)

Here's the song ...

Jerry Leiber & Artie Butler - "Down Home Girl"

Here are the lyrics:

LORD I SWEAR THE PERFUME YOU WEAR
WAS MADE FROM TURNIP GREENS
AND EVERY TIME I KISS YOU GIRL
YOU TASTE LIKE PORK AND BEANS
EVEN TOUGH YOU WEARING THEM CITIFIED HIGH HEALS
I CAN TELL BY YOUR GIANT STEP
YOU BEEN WALKING IN THEM COTTON FIELDS

I SAY OOOHHH YOU SOOOO, DOWN HOME GIRLS

EVERY TIME YOU MONKEY CHILD
YOU TAKE MY BREATH AWAY
EVERY TIME YOU MOVE LIKE THAT
I HAVE TO KNEEL DOWN AND PRAY
DON’T YOU KNOW THE DRESS YOU WEARING
WAS MADE FROM FIBERGLASS
AND EVERY TIME YOU MOVE LIKE THAT
I HAVE TO GO TO SUNDAY MASS

I SAY OOOHH YOU SOOO, DOWN HOME GIRL

I’M A TAKE YOU TO A MUDDY RIVER
AND PUSH YOU IN
JUST TO WATCH THAT WATER ROLL
ALL AROUND YOUR VELVET SKIN
I’LL TAKE YOU DOWN TO NEW ORLEANS
WAY DOWN IN DIXIE LAND
JUST TO SEE YOU DO THE SECOND LINE BABY
WITH AN UMBRELLA IN YOUR HANDS

I SAY OOOHH YOU SOOO DOWN HOME GIRLS
I SAY DOWN HOME GIRLS

Enjoy!
There you go.

Hey DJEiffelT,

Thank you very much! You are correct about the song's name!

The version played in the Ridgeline commercial is by:

Nic Armstrong & The Thieves off of their The Greatest White Liar album. Like DJ said, the name of the song is "Down Home Girl".

Thanks again DJ.

No problem! B)

Hehehe ... So I was 1/2 right and 1/2 wrong ... :p :lol:

anybody know what the song and band from this commercial is? its kinda punky/emo.

That song was actually made for that commercial...It's called "Unbearable Toll" if you're talkin about the same one I found...good luck downloading it though

A song that I remember being used for the Honda Ridgeline ad with the sexy mudflaps was ...

Nic Armstrong & The Thieves - "Down Home Girl" - CD: The Greatest White Liar

... but you said "punky/emo" soooo ... they've probably changed the tune since then to that "Unbearable Toll" song WilMac's talking about ... I dunno ... I've not seen the ad in recent times so ...

Enjoy!
There you go.

The ad features the cartoon character Yosemite Sam and a silver cartoon cut-out of a girl hood ornament that eventually gets off the car and climbs in with Sam. Loved the song. Anyone familiar? If this has been answered, I apologize for the duplicate question.

thatsmyjam

Yeah, it's been answered already ...

But anyhoo, here's the info ...

Enjoy!
There you go.

hello,

I Saw a honda ridgeline commercial a while ago, with yosemite sam and the naked mudflap girls. you know where they walked around. anyway, it had a really cool song on it that sounded like the kinks, or the yardbirds or some band like that. the lyrics went something like "everytime you move like that you take my breath away, yeah girrrrl"
something like that. Please help !

thanx

yeah thanks,

I actually already had that song in my itunes without realizing it, stupid me. But, i know the rolling stones originally did that song but it was a different band who did it in the ridgeline commercial. That i liked better. ill just search around until i find it.

Thanx anyway!

If I'm not mistaken ...

I thought that the version that it was determined to be was ...

Right or wrong ...
Enjoy!
There you go.

Back