NBA Intro Music

thatsmyjam

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm trying to track down the name and artist of the instrumental piece played BEFORE all games on ESPN and ESPN 2. It's really dramatic and is the main music heard before the game begins. This music is also played during commercials for sponsors, while showcasing an overhead camera shot of the city and/or arena where the game is being played. Anyone familiar???? I absolutely love this piece. There are some variations of it or different aspects of what portion is played but it is always used to introduce NBA games on the ESPN networks, maybe once in a blue on TNT. Thanks in advance for your help!!!!!!!!!! I've always wanted to know this......

thatsmyjam

Nope, thanks for the suggestion though (awesome song). I forgot to say that it's a song used all the time, both during the regular season and off-season. I don't know how to explain it but it goes, dun-dun- dun- dun- dah dah dah dun dun dun....and it has horns and it's jazzy. It comes on alot when sponsors are being shown for the games where it says brought to you by. They play different parts of the riff all the time. I always find myself tapping my feet or snapping my fingers. Would love to put the beat on my cell as a ringtone. It's THAT GOOD!!! Anyone??

thatsmyjam

Bump. If anyone is watching the playoff games this weekend, starting tonight @ 8, some games will be on ESPN. The music I'm looking for will be used all throughout the broadcast. If you find yourself familiar, please let me know. I have to know what this piece is called and who its by. Thanks in advance. I know their are other die-hard NBA fans out there who follow...( I hope :D )
thatsmyjam

Bump anyone??? The NBA Playoffs will run again (for the last time I think) tonight on ESPN. Any help much appreciated.

thatsmyjam

I have a question about a different NBA commericial. I hope some can answer it.

Does anyone know the background song of the NBA commerical that says all these numbers and then goes, "...All for sixteen teams to earn the right to keep on playing. The NBA Playoffs." It has a beat to it and I'm dying to know. If anyone would help I would truly appreciate it. Thanks.

Danno, thanks for the info. If only I could hear the music so I can officially confirm we are talking about the same song - grrrr. It's been driving me crazy especially during this whole playoff season. If you find out anything else, please post back. I want to keep this thread alive for as long as I can. For anyone that is a religious NBA fan, the music will be featured throughout (starting tonight) semi-round playoff rounds on ESPN before the finals are shown on ABC with their cringeworthy musical production, ha :rolleyes: . Thanks in advance. :D

thatsmyjam

Back