Any ideas?

cdoylefl

Reaction score
I am making a slide show for a volunteer that is moving out of state. She helps out 2-3 days a week at a no-kill cat shelter and the slide show will consist of all the cats and people whose lives she has touched. She's a funky, funny and loving person. Any ideas of music to go with it would be a great help!

Thanks!

What tone are you going for? Are you trying to tug at the heart strings, or are you going for a more upbeat sendoff?

Can't we do both? (Of course I'm drawing a blank at the moment :wacko: ) If we can't come up with a single song there must be two that segue nicely that can be edited together... are there any movies about cats with scores that could provide both?

I'm no help because the first song that popped into my head was Kitty by Presidents of the United States of America..... :lol:

Kitty at my foot and I want to touch it.... :p

What kind of song do you want? Like touching and tearjerking? Or humorous and lighthearted? Just a happy feeling?

Clicky If you scroll down towards the bottom there is a whole list of "Thank You" songs. I didn't go through them all but maybe one of those can help?

Thanks everyone....going for a tug-at-the-heart-strings kind of mood. Not corny old songs but more modern and no rap. Am I too picky?

No not too picky. I suggest an orchesteral piece from the Band of Brothers. Suite One or the Main Theme would be nice. Or the theme from The Cider House Rules. You hear it everywhere but it's good. Or "The Ludlows" from the Legends of the Fall movie is a good track. Or Josh Groban "You Raise Me Up." Sufficiently heartstring-tugging worthy. Or Keane. I really like them. Or U2 "All Because of You"

or you could use "cat" songs when the pictures of the cats are on and use the more emotional songs when "people" pictures are up :huh:

list of "cat" songs

alley cat
stray cat strut
the siamese cat song from Lady and the Tramp
cool cat
honkey cat
cats in the cradle
year of the cat
cat scratch fever

just a suggestion, but good luck with it!! :D

"The Long And Winding Road" - The Beatles
"Farewell/Goodbye" - M83