Wendy's

KannD86

All-Star Member
Reaction score
Who sings the cover version of "Magic Carpet Ride" on the new Wendy's commercial? It shows a picnic blanket floating like a magic carpet and getting food from the drive up window at Wendy's. It's a girl singing and it's more poppy than the original. Thanks.

Nobody knows this? I thought it'd get answered pretty quickly since it's a cover song. Okay, here are the lyrics played on the commercial:

I like to dream yeah, yeah, right between my sound machine
Well, you don't know what we can find
Why don't you come with me little girl
On a magic carpet ride

It's got a techno, poppy feel to it. A girl is singing. I really like this version, even better than the original. Please let me know who sings it if you know! Thanks.

No, sorry. I meant to say it was a cover version of the Steppenwolf original. It's a girl singing the version on the Wendy's commercial. Thanks though.

I was looking for this too. I made a post about it and no one cared to answer.

Or maybe it's simply that nobody knows the answer.

My guess is that the song was done expressly for the commercial, but I could easily be wrong.

You might try emailing Wendy's on this because it seems no one has found the answer yet.

I went to the Wendy's website and looked at the section called "ads". I recognized most of the commercials, but none of them were the magic carpet ride one. So I clicked "Contact Us". They give a list of addresses and phone numbers for various sections of the company. No email addresses, not even an 800 number. I don't know how to contact them to ask them. But I'm still really curious. The song was stuck in my head all day yesterday.

any word on the cover? actually remake but dont get me started on that.

sorry, don't mean to get you started on anything lol. but i'm actually interested in why you say it's a remake not a cover. i always thought they were interchangeable. what's the difference?

I've been told that the difference between the two has to do with the timing of the recording.

To my understanding, a cover is a recording that is released by another artist at or near the same time that the original version was recorded. Originally, a cover was recorded in an attempt to cash in on a song's popularity, though this may no longer be the case as the industry has changed much since the term was first used.

Contrarily, a remake is a song that is recorded by another artist long after the original has been released. So, while the Iron and Wine version of "Such Great Heights" would be considered a cover, The Dixie Chicks version of "Landslide" would be considered a remake.

Of course, today many use the term "cover" to describe any newer version of a previously recorded song, and that bothers some who maintain that there is a difference between a cover and a remake. I'm sure remy will be able to elaborate more on the subject, but there you have it.

This has to be the worst cover/remake/bastardization in a long while.

Not that the original was a masterpiece or anything, but this version sounds like it was produced by Disney.

Thanks for explaining that. I never even considered that there was a difference. Now next time someone says "cover", I'll be able to say, "nope, just a remake" LoL. Maybe that explains why chad kroeger and the calling released that song "Why Don't You and I" around the same time. That confused me for so long, but now I get that they were probably covers. Interesting. Well thanks again.

Now if anybody's figured out how to contact wendy's... that'd be reeeeally helpful. :)

:D
I LOVE this remake!! I have looked EVERYwhere to find who is singing....the search continues....

:D HELP!
Ok I THINK I might have something - but I haven't decided which company to go with for MP3 downloads (and my old one no longer works) yet THEREFORE I can't download it to listen to it...BUT I am thinking it might be BARDEUX. From the late 80's Album "Bold As Love"

Can anyone find the download of the song? Or is the commercial a current remake of the song lol?

This is driving me crazy!! Just like the Kelly Clarkson "Go" Ford song did until I found it online....

Help!!! B)

OK, so I found a site with a link to listen to a sample of Bardeux's "Magic Carpet Ride" ... uh, it's definitely NOT the song we're looking for here ... instead, it's very much in the vein of Stacy Q (as others on this site themselves mention) ...

If you still wanna hear it, go here ...
http://www.80sxchange.com/forums/showthrea...ad.php?p=630698
(Look for the 5th post from user "malvis" where there's the song sample link)

Enjoy!
There you go.

:blink: whoooooooooooooooooooooaaaa....that song is DEFINATELY not it!!!! LOL

Thanks for finding that clip!!! I guess that means back to the search.....!!!!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! LOL

Back