Naruto

dwighthouse

Reaction score
There has recently been a long promo for the anime Naruto on Cartoon Network. It was first shown last week, and it appears that they will be playing it before the first episode of Naruto on Saturday evenings. You can download the promo at this link: http://dl.toonamiarsenal.com/download.php?...=tda&fid=001286. It's from the Toonami Digital Archive.

In addition to this being on of the best promo videos I've ever seen, the music was pretty cool too. Any ideas? I'm not very good at describing music, but hear goes: Relatively slow and simple drum beat sents the tone. There's some saxophone that seems to be covering some guitar while both play the same note at the same time.

B) Hey, there, Zogg & TylerL don't allow direct linking to their files - so that first link only brings up an error page (albeit an entertaining one) :p Linking to the Naruto page does work though, so you are looking for the Long Promo, which is currently at the top of the promo list? (You have to scroll down past all of the Intros and Endings) I wish I had an answer for you - in the past Toonami has been known to do a lot of in-house stuff but I started sifting through Naruto soundtracks anyway - so far nothing seems to match.

I see. It worked when you paste that address into a download manager, so I just figured...
Yeah, it's the long promo:

Long Promo
Features clips from seasons 1 and 2.
Running Time: 1:40 Image Size: 480x360 File Size: 14.0MB FPS: 29.97 Quality: Excellent

I doubt that the music is from Naruto, and it doesn't sound like the work of their DJ ClarkNova. I think this is actully a song in the wild.

I saw this promo on Toonami tonight, the music was fantastic, I really want to download it.

Sounds like something extrememusic.com would have made actually.

Originally posted by dwighthouse@May 6 2006, 10:39 PM
Sounds like something extrememusic.com would have made actually.
I don't recall hearing anything like that at Extreme.... it's possible... I listen to a lot of freakin' music looking for Adult Swim stuff :p I know of two occasions when I listened to the song I was looking for but didn't know it until the second time around :duh:

I've checked Crunk, Cyberfunk, Classic Rock and Cock Rock, Drum & Bass 2, Grime, Future Trance, Garage Rock, Speed Garage, Trip Hop, Zombie Hip Hop....

This song is really cool. I havent been able to find the name of it though. Has anyone else had any luck?

I'm a big Naruto fan myself... and I couldn't get into the link that was shown in the first message.... If you have maybe some parts of the lyric, or something like that, it might be useful...

Greetings,

Liz :D

Does anyone recognize the tune playing in that long Cartoon network commercial for Naruto? It's very techno/upbeat feeling. Any help would be lovely, thanks.

Yeah, I just posted a topic on that. Great song. And the Music video is very well done too. Hopefully we get some feedback, and thanks for the link.

I just e-mailed Cartoon Network about this. Hopefully I get some sort of helpful reply.

Heh, I didn't even see your topic. I wish they would keep the promo on longer in Toonami Jetstream...

For all those still interested the name of the song is Dustbowl by Treva Whateva.

Yes! Thank You! :woo: I should've known (or at least guessed) it was from Ninja Tunes :duh:

Back