VW Volkswagen Beetle

xeroxero

Reaction score
I have been seaching on & off for a song from a Volkswagen Beetle commercial. I believe this was the first commercial advertising the "new" Beetle. This commercial is definately a few years old.........

Here we go..........The Beetle is sitting all by itself & it is spinning around and changing colors while a woman (vocalist) is speaking in the background talking about rainbows & other stuff & then the music comes in.....I remember someone telling me it was a band called Hooverphonic.....I don't think it is.....

That's all I can remember............

The Hooverphonic song "Renaissance Affair" plays during the commercial for the limited edition "Vapor" colored Volkswagen Beetle, so I doubt it's the song you're looking for.

Sorry I can't help you with that, though -_-

If it's from a few years ago I'm pretty sure it's by the French techno group Stereolab and the song is called "Parsec" from their Dots and Loops CD from 1998.

Hope that helps :)

From that description?

Most definitely "Little Fluffy Clouds" by The Orb

Originally posted by codeman38@May 25 2006, 05:48 AM
From that description?

Most definitely "Little Fluffy Clouds" by The Orb ().
Agreed :eek:k:

But Stereolab's was definitely used in one early Beetle commercials, maybe not the first one you meant. I know, I bought the CD before the commercial. The car drops and spins, then the music with a very fast drum beat starts. Stereolab features a female singer who's French.

Although "Little Fluffy Clouds" was used in a Volkswagen Beetle ad, the Stereolab song used in another Beetle spot (the one in questions here) was indeed "Parsec" off of Dots and Loops.

I have been seaching on & off for a song from a Volkswagen Beetle commercial. I believe this was the first commercial advertising the "new" Beetle. This commercial is definately a few years old.........

Here we go..........The Beetle is sitting all by itself & it is spinning around and changing colors while a woman (vocalist) is speaking in the background talking about rainbows & other stuff & then the music comes in.....I remember someone telling me it was a band called Hooverphonic.....I don't think it is.....

That's all I can remember............

'Absurd' by Fluke

Back