Nintendo Fails at Names

Bloodlessr

Might be alive
Reaction score
They changed the name from Revolution to the name Wii. How stupid is that? The name Revolution sounded cool, Wii sounds dumb. Like "I have to wee-wee" or a french person saying "wee-wee".

Are you serious!?!? That has to be a joke. NOBODY's that dumb to change it from the "Nintendo Revolution" to "Nintendo Wii"...Do you have a link or something?

Just about every videogame site is reporting this. Plus it is can also be found at nintendo's official website.

Here's what Nintendo says:

"Introducing ... Wii.
As in "we."
While the codename "Revolution" expressed our direction, Wii represents the answer.
Wii will break down the wall that separates video game players from everybody else.
Wii will put people more in touch with their games ... and each other. But you're probably asking: What does the name mean?
Wii sounds like "we," which emphasizes this console is for everyone.
Wii can easily be remembered by people around the world, no matter what language they speak. No confusion. No need to abbreviate. Just Wii.
Wii has a distinctive "ii" spelling that symbolizes both the unique controllers and the image of people gathering to play.
And Wii, as a name and a console, brings something revolutionary to the world of video games that sets it apart from the crowd.
So that's Wii. But now Nintendo needs you.
Because, it's really not about you or me.
It's about Wii.
And together, Wii will change everything."

Games Are Fun article

Nintendo Wii offical site

Personally I don't like the name at the moment...but maybe it will grow on me. :unsure:

:(

well if the games are good i dont care. in fact im already saving for one...got 140 already :)

Isn't it great??

it even matches the adtunes color scheme pretty closely :naughty:

i dunno.. I think nintendo is still based on like kids, and their kinds of games.. like super mario, and junk.. gamecube changed a LITTLE bit.. but not really.. like it had a few games that were based for an older person's enjoyment.. but it still had games like paper mario, and mario party.. and pokemon.. like i don't know, maybe revolution.. or Wii, which by the way is pretty stupid, might have changed the style of games

Originally posted by a_iver@ Apr 28 2006, 04:17 PM
Isn't it great??
It reminds me of this one website where the main page has this pic of an animated teddy bear. There's a little phrase by his stomach that said something like "Click my tummy" and when you did it would curse you out and call you a pervert. :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: awesome.. if you find the link, let me know ;)

Originally posted by Lt.Dan@Apr 28 2006, 03:21 PM
i dunno.. I think nintendo is still based on like kids, and their kinds of games.. like super mario, and junk.. gamecube changed a LITTLE bit.. but not really.. like it had a few games that were based for an older person's enjoyment.. but it still had games like paper mario, and mario party.. and pokemon.. like i don't know, maybe revolution.. or Wii, which by the way is pretty stupid, might have changed the style of games
I agree. It geared more towards children.

Originally posted by a_iver@Apr 28 2006, 04:26 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: awesome.. if you find the link, let me know ;)
Check your messages. ;)

Originally posted by Lt.Dan@Apr 28 2006, 12:21 PM
The system is going to be more geared towards kids now, its all business. They own the kid market.

Originally posted by a_iver@Apr 28 2006, 04:47 PM
:lol: possibly one of the most annoying things ever
But so annoying and stupid that it makes you laugh. :)

I love how there is exactly two conversations going on in this thread right now. :lol:

I got a good one: "Nintendo hopes to saturate the market with Wii." :lol:

Back