Silent Hill the movie

goodasgold

Pro Member
Reaction score
Went and saw this last week. It was ok in my humble opinion. The young girl though was a terrible actress. They could have done a better search for a child actor instead of settling for this little kid.

There were some pretty frightening moments. I think maybe if you played the game you might like it better than us none Silent Hill game players. At least thats the way it is with my bro's and I. Two of them played those games and seemed to enjoy the movie more than I. Overall a decent flick, but there are better movies playing right now.

Originally posted by Sir_Garland@Apr 26 2006, 09:58 AM
:unsure: I didn't realize there was a game.
Yea, there was a few of them videogames I think. The look and feel of the movie was pretty faithful to the game is what I'm told. Also they used the same music from the videogame in the movie.

When they first started talking about releasing a movie I looked up old screen shots of the game and game plots and stuff.. looks like something even I might play.

Originally posted by dascoot@Apr 27 2006, 01:50 AM
When they first started talking about releasing a movie I looked up old screen shots of the game and game plots and stuff.. looks like something even I might play.
play it in the dark with an open window, but with the curtains in front of it...

Originally posted by dascoot@Apr 26 2006, 03:50 PM
I didn't ever think the games were that great, I like the resident evil games more. Not having ammo ever and constantly trying to dodge zombies cuse you dont have any ammo is fun.

Play Eternal Darkness on Gamecube, that game was fucking weird.

How bad actually IS Silent Hill? I don't think it's opened down here yet. Is it worse than Resident Evil? Cos i've heard it's absolutely shocking.

Ew there was this one part involving skin.. yeesh.. it wasn't bad though. I rather liked it and I've never played the game. You didn't like Resident Evil though?

:lol: That skin part shocked me like no other scene in a movie before.

I didn't think Silent Hill was terrible either, but that young girl though was a terrible actress. Her acting took me out of the movie at times. They should have done a better search for someone to play her part. I'm sure if they looked harder they could have come up with someone even a little better.

Once they actually get into the town of Silent Hill the movie gets to be pretty good...and kind of frightening. Before that though I was getting kind of bored.

Originally posted by SiDe@Apr 28 2006, 01:49 AM
How bad actually IS Silent Hill? I don't think it's opened down here yet. Is it worse than Resident Evil? Cos i've heard it's absolutely shocking.
Resident Evil was good but the second one was trash, but I was still entertained by it.

Sorry but, I thought all the acting was trash...at least it was somewhat scary though--with the skin ripping and diabolical demon heads.

Originally posted by dascoot@Apr 28 2006, 08:06 PM
Ew there was this one part involving skin.. yeesh.. it wasn't bad though. I rather liked it and I've never played the game. You didn't like Resident Evil though?
I haven't seen the second one, but the first one wasn't unbearable. It had some cool moments...like the bit with the laser defence (how's that for spelling you damn americans!) and Colin Salmon (the black guy...of course the black guy dies.... :angry: ). But yeah, no I was just using RE as a frame of reference...

Oh my god HELL YEAH! That part is wicked rad. I have this sadistic fetish for scenes like that in movies, where people get chopped up and then sloowwwwllly slide apart, like in 13 Ghosts and Ghost Ship. *rubbing hands together* DAAAHHAHAHAHAH!!

............. :blink:

uh....yeah.....me....also...

(freak...) :lol:

I don't.. jeez that's some scary serious shit man... you should have yourself tested..

Well I took your advice, and I just got back from the doctor's. He said I have bipolar and antisocial disorders, a severely short fuse, hypersexuality and a raging case of the herps. I stopped at Walmart on the way home and got this tennis racquet and some KY. I'm on my way to your house right now.

Back