What side is a girl supposed to part her hair on?

easilywow

Reaction score
I know this is ridiculous and irrevelent, but dear god -- it's confusing the Hell out of me!
I hate mirrors.
So, usually (I think) girls have their hair parted on the left side so that it goes over the right eye.
I recently realized that my hair looks right in the mirror, but it looks funky in pictures. I used to always part it on the right side going over my left eye...is that less common?
It probably doesn't really matter...but I'd like to know which is more common. I'm looking at models and then trying to be like, "okay, right side...their left side...over...right...eye" and it's a pain in the ass. :/

Brush your hair back straight, put your hand on it and push it forward. Wherever it splits is your natural part, so just use that.

Originally posted by dascoot@Apr 23 2006, 03:38 PM
Brush your hair back straight, put your hand on it and push it forward. Wherever it splits is your natural part, so just use that.
Thank you, I'll try that.
Is that the direction your hair grows...? I mean, I want whichever will be more complimentary to my face, and I'm not sure how to find that without trying each and taking a bunch of pictures with my hair both ways.

You can do the picture thing to find the more fashionably flattering look, but the natural part is gonna be the way your hair grows and will probably be the easiest to maintain. *shrug*

Originally posted by a_iver@Apr 23 2006, 03:42 PM
Hi Lynda :)
Hello Anthony.
I really like your new avatar picture -- very sweet.

My part is naturally in the middle...I just wake up, take my wrap out, ruffle my hair, and the part appears... ;)

When I was younger I always parted it down the middle. But now I part it both ways. It just doesn't matter to me. Whatever I'm feeling looks best when I'm done blowdrying it... :D

Originally posted by easilywow@Apr 24 2006, 01:36 AM
I know this is ridiculous and irrevelent, but dear god -- it's confusing the Hell out of me!
I hate mirrors.
So, usually (I think) girls have their hair parted on the left side so that it goes over the right eye.
I recently realized that my hair looks right in the mirror, but it looks funky in pictures. I used to always part it on the right side going over my left eye...is that less common?
It probably doesn't really matter...but I'd like to know which is more common. I'm looking at models and then trying to be like, "okay, right side...their left side...over...right...eye" and it's a pain in the ass. :/
confuse the hell out of everyone by picking a different direction every day :)

If it helps, Lynda, I part mine down the middle. :) And it flows beautifully. And the wind just blows through it... What's that? You want to run your fingers through my long locks? Well, sure, go right ahead.

YEAH. That's why you hafta do the *sarcastic* thingy right?

Back