printer problems

drizzt_fan14

Pro Member
Reaction score
So we just put new ink into the printer, but it still prints crappy; everything is so light you can barely see it, and some words are really dark and smugded looking and there are these horizontal lines going through everything. I've cleaned the nozzle four times and tried aligning too, but nothing works. :(

Why does this stuff always happen when I have an assignment due? As if I'm not failing bad enough as it is, now I get a late grade.. <_< I hate computers sometimes...

I've also heard that there are generic manufacturers that stick hp or epson's label on the package and sell em and because it wasn't built correctly it junks up your printer. I heard it on TechTV so it probably isn't true, but it would explain why, in all my life, I've seen my dad's printer print correctly about five or six times.

Originally posted by Bloodlessr@Apr 18 2006, 01:30 PM
Did you get new cartridges or did you refill your catridges?
I got a new one for the black ink. The colored ink is a little more than half full, and the black ink is filled completely yet still prints like it isn't

i posted a reply on the other thread that you just posted on.

Open Control Panel. Open Printers and Faxes. Right click on your default printer and click on Properties. Click on the Printing Preferences... box. Click on the Paper/Quality tab. In the Print Quality secion there is a drop down box, make sure it is set to Normal. If it is click on the Services tab. Click the box that says Service this device. Click Clean the Print Cartridge(s) box. In the window that pops up click Clean. Repeat this process at least twice. If this doesn't help go back to the Paper/Qualitytab. In the drop down box in the Print Quality box choose Maxium dpi. A box will pop up and your only option will be to click OK. Click OK. Apply those settings and return to the Services tab. Again click Service this device. Click Print a Test Page. In the window that appears click Print Page. If it fails to print at all, cancel the print job and go back to the Paper/Quality tab. In the drop down box in the Print Quality box choose Best. Again return to the Services tab. Again click Service this device. Click Print a Test Page. In the window that appears click Print Page. If it still prints like shit, your printer is pretty much fucked, try kicking it.

..or a nice candelight dinner. Just the two of you. Romantic music. Roses. A nice wine....

you catch more flies with honey (and wine) than with ...uh... i forgot how the rest of that saying goes....with a kick?

:lol: @ this thread.

I'm sorry Staci. :( I wish there was a way I could print it out for you.

So it turns out that the new ink had never actually been delivered, so it was the old run out cartridge that was still in there, lol :lol: (I ended up turning in my paper with blue ink instead of black.)

So why was the cartridge showing up as full? :huh:

Originally posted by drizzt_fan14@Apr 28 2006, 11:43 PM
So it turns out that the new ink had never actually been delivered, so it was the old run out cartridge that was still in there, lol :lol: (I ended up turning in my paper with blue ink instead of black.)

So why was the cartridge showing up as full? :huh:
hmm...i once printed a paper in violet. my teacher spent 15 minutes staring at it just to figure what was so odd about it. it was pretty though. anyway i dont know :huh:

:lol: I don't think I'll get any extra points just because it's pretty, lol.

Originally posted by drizzt_fan14@Apr 28 2006, 11:57 PM
:lol: I don't think I'll get any extra points just because it's pretty, lol.
*shrugs* so? make it pretty anyway :)

I already draw all over my papers anyway. I turned in a test today with Orochimaru on the front :lol: My teacher must think I'm evil or something

He's a character on Naruto for those who don't know

Originally posted by drizzt_fan14@Apr 29 2006, 12:23 AM
I already draw all over my papers anyway. I turned in a test today with Orochimaru on the front :lol: My teacher must think I'm evil or something

'image hosted on tripod'....fearsome indeed :lol:

:lol: Oh well, just look up the name you'll find a picture somewhere I'm sure

ohhh i'm probably late on this one...but maybe the replacement cartridge you used is old? it's happened to me before. if you're desparate you can always take the file to a print place to have it done...

Originally posted by Scythe+Apr 28 2006, 06:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Scythe @ Apr 28 2006, 06:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-drizzt_fan14@Apr 29 2006, 12:23 AM

'image hosted on tripod'....fearsome indeed :lol: [/b][/quote]
:lol:

Originally posted by cultclassic+Apr 29 2006, 06:20 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cultclassic @ Apr 29 2006, 06:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Scythe@Apr 28 2006, 06:31 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-drizzt_fan14
@Apr 29 2006, 12:23 AM

'image hosted on tripod'....fearsome indeed :lol:
:lol: [/b][/quote]
;)

Back