Football opera song

dabreegster

Reaction score
At the football games at my high school, they always play some Metallica and Guns N Roses. But what always stands out is this amazing opera song. It has a choir with voices making "angel" sounds -- I don't recall any real lyrics. It's been in the dark corners of my mind for ages. Then I heard it again at the local laser tag hangout. This time it was a techno remix! The employees there didn't even know where they got their music from.

I scoured the Web for football and laser tag opera songs, but found nothing, so I'm turning to adtunes for help. I have a suspicion that it may be a popular football/NFL theme or perhaps even an anthem of the Olympics, but I have no evidence for this. The only other clue as to how the song sounds is the beginning of "The End of All Hope" by Nightwish. This song's tune sounds almost exactly the same as the one I'm thinking of, but it's still not the one. There probably aren't any lyrics in the song, only a choir making "aaahhh" sounds. If anybody knows anything about this song, it'd save me many headaches.

I know nothing about football themes or that Nightwish song, so this is merely a suggestion. Could it be "O Fortuna" from "Carmina Burana" by Carl Orff? It's a popular piece used in many movies, commercials, TV shows, etc. There was an awesome remix made in the '90s by Apotheosis, though the song was recalled because they didn't secure the copyrights. There's also a techno-ish version by Opera Babes, a non-vocal mix by Bond, and probably many others.

Have you tried asking the people at the football game, the one who is doing the music? If you could find out who's working the stereo system, they may have a CD or something and they could tell you the title of the song.

You're sure about having no lyrics? Many times, people ask about opera or choral music and they think that the singers are just singing "aahs" when, in fact, they're singing in another language. Is it a female choir, male choir, or both?

If you could think of anything else, it might help us to better help you. I enjoy operatic and choral remixes, so I'm anxious to find out what this is, too!

That's it! O Fortuna! I probably should've just asked the people at my school, but I somehow never got around to finding out who manages the sound system. Thank you so much! You have solved a two-year old problem for me!

Back