Richard Harvey's "Reach for the Stars"

thx99

Reaction score
This message is more informational than it is an answer to someone's specific question.

Richard Harvey composed a fantastic piece titled "Reach for the Stars" for the KPM music library long ago, which has been used in film trailers, TV shows, TV trailers, direct-to-video documentaries, amusement parks, commercials... you name it, it's probably been used for it.

It is a piece which eluded me for nearly 10 years until I was finally able to run it down a few years ago in the KPM music library.

I first heard it in an extended trailer for The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles which was featured on a VHS of INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM. I heard it again outside of a motion simulator ride at a county fair in Florida, and again during the Handi-Man skits on IN LIVING COLOR.

Here's how you can listen to it:​
  1. Go to https://www.apmmusic.com/search
  2. Click on "Advanced Search" near the bottom left
  3. Enter "reach" and "stars" in the "Search Text" boxes and check the "Track Title" box
  4. Enter "harvey" in the "Select Composer" box
  5. Click on "Search"
  6. Five tracks (two unique) should appear on four different CDs.
  7. To listen to the tracks, click on the musical note below the time for each track.
The full version is 3:12 (or 3:13) and the other unique track is 0:29.​

I'm sure that some of you will recognize it once you hear it. Enjoy!

It’s been on trailers for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Hercules, Walt Disney Masterpiece Collection and much more. Does anyone know what other trailers had it?

Back