Deadliest Catch

splacid

Reaction score
Does anybody know the song Discovery Channel is using in the TV spots for their new series "Deadliest Catch"? Its a show about trout fishermen and the ad has them getting thrown around on a boat in stormy seas, I've seen it on a lot of channels other than Discovery, including the TV Guide channel.

The song sounds like classic rock and I'm not sure but I think some of the lyrics is "dead or alive." Any ideas?

There is a very beautiful a capella chorus song for the Deadliest Catch commercial that features lyrics like;

"Feel so broken,
I want to go home."

Might anyone know the artist and title?

Yes, I heard it and the song IS 'Sloop John B' (aka Wreck of the John B , or 'The John B. Sails') but I couldn't tell you who performed that particular rendition.

I found out the name of the group is The Vienna Boys Choir. Thanks for the song title, it helped in my search.

:lol: THE Vienna Boys Choir?
How the heck did I miss that one?
Seriously - is this where you found that info?
http://community.discovery.com/groupee/for...28/r/5611945328 because they don't seem very sure about it. The one boys choir that I did keep turning up yesterday was the Harlem Boys Choir because they did perform with Brian Wilson, but no evidence of singing that particular song. I also found the Polperro Fishermans Choir, and the Leigh Orpheus Male Voice choir, but no one has any samples to listen to. :( and since it's actually an old folk tune it's really open season on what it's called and who can record it.

EDIT: Under Day 4.. no solid evidence of THIS song but The Discovery Chanel did have a recording session with The Vienna Boys Choir in connection with a Travel Journal episode on Vienna, in which case Discovery would have control of the recording. However they are making another of thier promo songs available soon due to the stir in the forums and such - perhaps they would do the same for this?? :unsure:

There's a commercial for a show on Discovery Channel called Deadliest Catch, and the backround music sounds like a boy's choir, and a boy sings "I wanna go home" while the show's name and ocean waves are on the screen...anyone know what I'm talking about?

Beach Boys: Sloop John B

Obviously the choir boys' version is a remake :lol:

Does anyone know the name if that Deadlist Catch commercial song?

It's really soft....just voices and background instraments...

the lady is singing "I want to go home" (the only lyrics I know...)

<3

The song is "Sloop John B"—a West Indies folk song made famous by the Beach Boys—as performed by the Indianapolis Children's Choir, and recorded specifically for the show. So I guess the lady you heard was a boy. :D

I caught a commercial on Discovery Channel for the upcoming season of Worlds Deadliest Catch. They song used was a heavier faster version of Styxx Come Sail Away. Was wondering if anyone knew who it was by. Thanks

I work for Discovery, actually! The song is by Me First And The Gimmie Gimmies, from the album Ruin Jonny's Bar Mitzvah (they do punk versions of silly classic rock songs and showtunes). I think we just starting running that promo today...rock 'n roll!
I'm still workin' on finding out about that Travel Channel promo everyone was wondering about a while back...I hear it every day but can't track down who to ask at work that knows!

Originally posted by freakshowlee@Jan 10 2007, 11:45 PM
I work for Discovery, actually! The song is by Me First And The Gimmie Gimmies, from the album Ruin Jonny's Bar Mitzvah (they do punk versions of silly classic rock songs and showtunes). I think we just starting running that promo today...rock 'n roll!
I'm still workin' on finding out about that Travel Channel promo everyone was wondering about a while back...I hear it every day but can't track down who to ask at work that knows!
Thats sweet that you work for discovery. Could you try and figure out what the song is in this ad too:

http://adtunes.com/forums/index.php?showto...94&hl=discovery

Thanks

I work for Discovery too :) Me First and the Gimme Gimmes have been out for quite a while. They have several cds out, all with punk-like version of popular songs.

I'm looking for the music that goes to the new Deadliest Catch commercial...
Riskier, Wilder, Deadlier than ever before, new Cameras , new crews The roughest season yet All appear on the screen...

I don't know, but it sounds like some corny soundtrack from Pirates of the Caribbean: check that. Can't be sure though.

Hmmmm i just listened to Epicon (Hybrid) and unless its the wrong song its no the one from the commercials. Other than that i have no idea what it is but would love to know been looking all over for it.

Back