Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

I thought it sounded like something from Danny Elfman but this site IMDb says the movie's music is by Thomas Newman. Sometimes they use old music in pre-release trailers because the movie score isn't finished in time, so it could be Danny Elfman, or Thomas Newman or somebody else entirely.

Yep, I agree -- sounds like Danny Elfman... In particular, music from Edward Scissorhands. You can listen to some samples from that Score here.

okay... I just listened to those samples, and I'm pretty certain that it's Track 1 from the score.

what?! No way, I looked through every topic and found nothing on this movie. Thanks for posting the link though.

the music in the beginning of the trailer is indeed a combination of several tracks out of 'Edward Scissorhands'.

Was that the song you were talking about?

"Possibility" by Thomas Newman, like Leone said is the VERY first song in the trailer. Following that song, the kind of "ooohhhhh" "ahhhhh" ghostly song is actually the opening titles music from Edward Scissorhands. It's " Edward Meets the World: Introduction (Titles)" by Dannie Elfman.

If it was already answered, well than there might be an answer for someone else :D

PS: There is no original score for the music, or so I've heard.

Does anyone know what song plays at the end of that theatrical trailer? It reminds me of the grinch or something.

That would be "Main Title" from the Mouse Hunt soundtrack. Unfortunately, the soundtrack is very hard to come across, but it is a great tune.

As for it reminding you of Grinch... that's probably it has been used heavily in the trailers for both How the Grinch Stole Christmas and The Cat in the Hat.

Hope that helps...

Hehehe thanks Arkinia! :D Now that you said mousehunt, i recognize it, but I know I've heard it on the cat and the hat trailer then too :D Thanks!

yeah the part in some of the trailers for it with the "oooohh ahhhhh" is from the opening titles of Edward Scissorhands

I read the other thread on this movie, and that's not the music i'm looking for. The music i am looking for is really fast and gets progressively faster as it continues.. it's a famous classical piece which i've heard before, i just don't know what it is. Sounds likes something from a Disney movie, but im really not sure..

it's like da da da da dada dum dada dum da da da da da da da DAAA DUMM.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT?

if you do, please post.

What is the music in the Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events tralier?

Back