picture help

drizzt_fan14

Pro Member
Reaction score
There's this picture I want to scan, but it won't all fit in the scanner so is there anyway I can connect the two separate parts of the picture together?

Maybe but the angle and perhaps the lighting might be a bit off.. maybe.. I was just wondering about this myself the other day. I suppose you could take a picture of it if you have a pretty decent quality camera..

if you take 2 seperate pictures, without changing the scanner settings, you should be able to just paste them together without obvious differences.

Originally posted by Scythe@Mar 19 2006, 02:15 AM
if you take 2 seperate pictures, without changing the scanner settings, you should be able to just paste them together without obvious differences.
could you tell me how to do that? I'm using PhotStudio 5

Make a new document that is big enough to fit both images then just open the images in Photoshop and drag them into the new document you made and line them up. Here is a handy tip you might already know but I'll say it anyways, when postioning something in ps you can use the arrow keys to move the image 1 pixel at a time and you can make much more precise movements then trying to place it with the mouse.

Since you are using ps5 it might be hard to get them to match perfectly being that the program doesn't have all the new fancy blending tools. So, you might see a slight difference between the two images when they are connected. I can't remember if 5 has the clone stamp tool or not? If so, use that to blend them. You might also need to make some levels adjustments too, you can find the adjustments under the image tab.

Originally posted by Bloodlessr@Mar 19 2006, 10:04 PM
Make a new document that is big enough to fit both images then just open the images in Photoshop and drag them into the new document you made and line them up. Here is a handy tip you might already know but I'll say it anyways, when postioning something in ps you can use the arrow keys to move the image 1 pixel at a time and you can make much more precise movements then trying to place it with the mouse.

Since you are using ps5 it might be hard to get them to match perfectly being that the program doesn't have all the new fancy blending tools. So, you might see a slight difference between the two images when they are connected. I can't remember if 5 has the clone stamp tool or not? If so, use that to blend them. You might also need to make some levels adjustments too, you can find the adjustments under the image tab.
seconded

That isn't right. Photoshop is an image manip program you can open 2 at the same time. What does it say when you try?

I don't have photoshop, I'm using a program called photostudio 5 and it sucks really bad. I need photoshop... :(

Oh, I thought you were using photoshop, my bad, I missread. I can't help you with photostudio, I've never heard of it. You know you can download a demo of photoshop from adobe. Its the full program but it won't let you save your work, but I know ways around that and they don't involve anything illegal. If you need any help with this pm me or whatever.

I already used a trial version of it once, will it let me do it again?

there's a difference? :lol: Sorry, I'm not very good at all with computers. Download it again I guess

Ok, yes you can download it again, I think you could download as many time as you want. I'm trying to get you the link but adobe's site is real slow right now.

I got it, I don't know if you would want to download this though, its 300+ megs it could take a few hours depending on your connection speed.

http://www.adobe.com/products/tryadobe/mai....jsp#product=39

Click on Photoshop.

The picture I'm trying to edit has to be done by today and I have a bunch of other stuff I need to work on....I'll come up with something I guess. Thanks for your help though

If you post the pics somewhere I could patch them together for you if you want, it would take 5 mins.

Back